Last year Google released upgraded version of Jelly Bean having Android 4.2.1 which consists of some missing features from Android 4.1.2. Android developers are always waiting for something new from Google so that they can develop custom ROMs based on the new update.
Cyanogenmod is one of the best custom ROMs available for Android smartphones. It has massive support of developers. Cyanogenmod version gets updated after every new release of Android version from Google. So immediately after release of Jelly Bean 4.2 Cyanogenmod 10.1 was ported. Initially itis providedfor high end devices and as the time passes ROM is made available to lower devices.
After big brothers now it is time for HTC One V to enjoy treat of Android 4.2 Jelly Bean via worlds most used custom ROM, Cyanogenmod. Now Cyanogenmod 10.1 is available for HTC One V CDMA version. Along with stock Jelly Bean 4.2 features like actionable notifications, daydream, Google Now it has got advanced customization of Cyanogenmod.
You can enjoy all this features very soon but just keep in mind that being a nightly build it may come along with some stability issues and bugs, but developers are working hard to fix them as early as possible so you have to be a little patient. Further article will guide you with detailed procedure of installing ROM.
Disclaimer : The Procedure described in this article are risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt this if you are not aware of these things. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we should not be held responsible for it.
Please note that, the guide mentioned here is only applicable for HTC One V (CDMA Variant). DON’T try it on any other device (including GSM HTC One V Primo) or it may result in unwanted results.
- Your phone must be charged at least up to 70% battery level.
- USB debugging mode must be enabled.
- In this process you will have to wipe all the data (from phone memory), so dont forget to take backup of all the things including SMS/MMS, contacts, Apps, personal settings, APNs etc.
- You must have unlocked bootloader of your device. If youve not unlocked it yet, follow this procedure to do so.
- Custom Recovery like CWM (Clockwork Mod Recovery) or TWRP must be installed on the phone. Make sure you have one.
Procedure to Install Cyanogenmod 10.1 on HTC One V (CDMA):
- You have to saperately download and flash Google Apps as they are not the part of the ROM. Here is the download link.
- As separate downloading link for kernel image file is not given on development page, extract it file (boot.img) which is already included there in the zip file of the ROM which you have downloaded.
- Now connect your phone to Computer and select mass storage mode to transfer downloaded files to SD card.
- Before installing the ROM, you have to flash kernel image through fastboot mode. To do the same, switch off your phone. Press and holdPower+Volume Downbuttons to boot into bootloader mode first.
- Then highlight fastboot using volume up/down keys and press power button to get into it.
- Connect your phone to computer using USB cable.
- After connecting the phone to PC, phone drivers will get installed automatically. Now you are ready to flash kernel.
- If your phone is not detected, install HTC Sync Manager.
- Now download fastboot files from here and extract them in a folder.
- Copy the kernel image (boot.img file you have extracted from zip file of ROM) to folder in which you have kept your fastboot files.
- In the same folder, right click while holding shift button and select Open command window here.
- A command window will appear on your screen. In command window typefastboot flash boot boot.img and press enter.
- On your screen you will get message OKAY/Finished. You have successfully flashed kernel. Now you can disconnect your phone from computer.
- In fastboot mode select option recovery to boot into custom recovery. Unless you do have touch type recovery, touch wont work therefore use Volume up/ Volume down buttons to scroll and power button to select.
- To create Nanroid backup of your current ROM, selectbackup/restoreand on next screen selectbackup.
- In recovery select wipedata/factory resetand thenwipe cache partitionto clear all your previous data from phone memory.
- Now selectinstall zip from sdcardfollowed bychoose zip from sdcard.Then navigate to ROM package and select it. Confirm installation by pressing on Yes.
- You have to repeat the same procedure of flashing zip file for Gapps file.
- Once ROM is installed selectreboot system nowto boot into Cyanogenmod 10.1
Bravo! You have successfully upgraded HTC One V CDMA to Android 4.2 via Cyanogenmod 10.1. Keep visiting development page for latest updates. Do report us how it is working for you.If you have got any doubts, feel free to ask them, we’ll try to sort out them as soon as possible.