Currently Android operating system dominates in the market over other systems like Windows or iOS. Flagships of all leading companies are Android based smartphones. And the main reason is being open source. Now a days people are realizing power of Android. Things like custom ROMs, Recoveries and other hacks are getting popular.
Now almost every mid range phone can be upgraded to Jelly Bean via custom ROMs, many thanks to developers. Now in ROMs also there is a lot of variety. Usears have many options available like Cyanogenmod, AOKP, MIUI, Paranoid Android etc. And each ROM has it’s own specialties. But now there is a new ROM called PACman ROM which is combination of Cyanogenmod, AOKP and Paranoid Android so you will get all features of these ROMs at one place.
Now PACman ROM is available for HTC One V CDMA variant. Also being based on latest Android 4.2.2 all the amazing Jelly Bean features are also present in this ROM. Before flashing keep in mind that being a nightly build it may contain some bugs but they will be fixed soon. Stay tuned for updates.
Article given below explains how to flash PACman ROM on HTC One V CDMA (PrimoC).
Disclaimer:Risk is involved in the procedure discussed below. Please dont follow this guide unless you are aware of these things. We should not be held responsible for any damage caused to your phone.
Please note that, the guide mentioned here is only applicable for HTC One V (CDMA Variant). DON’T try it on any other device (including GSM HTC One V Primo) or it may result in bricked phone.
- Dont forget to charge our mobile at least up to 75% so that installation will proceed without any interruption.
- Since all the data on mobile gets wiped during the process, it is better to take a backup of important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory.
- You must have unlocked bootloader of your device. If youve not unlocked it yet, followthis procedureto do so.
- Custom Recovery like CWM (Clockwork Mod Recovery) or TWRP must be installed on the phone.
Procedure to Install PACman custom ROM on HTC One V(CDMA):
- Download latest Cyanogenmod build from the development page (link is given below):
- Source Page.
Download Google Add-on Apps (Gmail, Maps, GTalk, Play Store etc.) which are not present in ROM by default.
Google Apps (Jelly Bean).
- Connect your phone to computer using USB cable and copy zip file of ROM to your device’s SD Card.
- Download the fastboot files which we will need to flash the kernel image.
- Fastboot Files
- Extract above zip package of fastboot files. You will find four files inside your extracted folder.
- Open ROM package which you’ve just downloaded in your computer. Search for boot.img inside it (which is kernel file). Extract that kernel file using WinRAR & copy the same in fastboot folder so that you should have total five files inside it by now.
- On the phone (while switched off), enter into the fastboot mode. To do so,
- Press & holdVolume Down + Power Buttontogether.
- Your device will be booted in bootloader mode. Now navigate Fastboot mode using volume up/down buttons & select it using power button.
- After entering into the Fastboot mode, Connect your phone to the PC.
- Open the‘Fastboot‘ folder in which you have extracted fastboot files.
- Now Open command prompt & Point its directory to the fastboot folder (ORYou can do the same as: open Fastboot folder, Press & hold shift key and then right click on the free space in the same folder.When right clicked (holding shift), you’ll see‘Open Command window here‘ option. Click it & Command prompt will get opened pointing to the Fastboot directory).
- Put this command in command prompt :fastboot devices(After entering this command, you’ll see the random numbers are appeared in the command prompt window.This is to ensure that your device is properly connected. If it doesn’t appear then you need to install HTC Sync software to install essential drivers for One V).
- Type the following command in command prompt to flash the kernel file:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Disconnect the phone from PC & Restart it in bootloader by typing “adb reboot bootloader” (without quotes) in command prompt.
- You’ll be landed in bootloader mode. Now highlight recovery option using volume up/down keys & select it using power button.
- Don’t forget to take nanroid backup of ROM which you are currently using. In case if anything goes wrong you can go back to your previous ROM just by restoring this backup . To backup your current ROM, selectBackupand Restoreoption from the recovery mode & on next screen, selectbackup. Now It will make a nandroid backup of your whole system (excluding SD card). Wait for the backup process to get finished.
- After successfully backup, selectwipe data/factory reset&wipe cache partitionto wipe all the data & caches from the phone memory respectively.
- Select “install zip from sdcard” & then “choose zip from sdcard“. Navigate the ROM file (which you’ve transferred earlier) Select it & press on ‘Yes‘ to continue. ROM installation process will start.
- Wait for the ROM to get installed. After ROM gets successfully installed, your phone will land in the recovery mode.
- After flashing the ROM, Selectreboot system nowto Restart the phone andboot into Cyanogenmod 10.1 based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
- First start may take a bit long but don’t worry
Tip:If you want to uninstall this ROM and return back to the stock one, you can easily do it just by booting into the recovery mode. Selectbackup & restoreoption followed byrestore& chose your latest backup to restore.
Congratulations!!! You have successfully installed Jelly Bean 4.2.2 in the form of PACman custom ROM on your HTC One V. Now enjoy features and customizations combined from all your favorite ROMs. Visit development page for latest updates. Do report us how it is working for you through comments.