Here we go! AOKP teamhave released another update fortheir supported devices. List includes Google’s flagship tablet aka Nexus 7. AOKP ROMhas reached to Milestone 1 level &therefore we can expect stable releases very soon.
AOKP is one of the best custom ROM based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.The ROM offers many customization features, ultra performance & ultimate user experience. Milestone 1 update brings you four additional features along with Android 4.1.2 pre-loaded.
The guide given below will take you through steps required to install AOKP Milestone 1 update onyour Google Galaxy Nexus 7 tablet.
Disclaimer: Steps given in this article are considered as risky & can cause damage to your phone. You should not try to attempt these things if you aren’t aware of it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device we won’t be held liable for it.
Please note that, this update is applicable only for Google Nexus 7 Tab. DON’T try this on any other device, it can cause damage to your phone.
- Enable USB Debugging option in your tablet.
- Charge your device up to 70% battery level so that installation procedure won’t be interrupted.
- It is highly recommended to backup all your data from internal memory which includes contacts, messages (SMS/MMS), call logs, Internet APNs etc.
(Important) Your device must have unlocked bootloader & custom recovery installed in it. For installing Clockworkmod Recovery on your tab, follow this guide.
Procedure to Install AOKP JB Milestone 1 on Google Nexus 7 Tablet (Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean) :
- Download AOKP JB MIlestone 1 from the link given below:
AOKP Milestone 1 For Nexus 7.
- Download Google Apps (Gmail, Maps, GTalk, Play Store etc.) which are not present there in ROM by default.
Google Apps (Jelly Bean).
- As soon as you download above 2 files. Connect your tab to PC by using the cable which you’ve got at the time of purchase. Enable mass storage mode on it. Now transfer/copy AOKP ROM package & Google Apps to your tablet’s Memory. Ensure that you are not keeping it in deep directory.
- Now disconnect Nexus 7 from computer. You then need to enter into recovery mode. To do so, switch off the tab completely, press & hold Volume Down button + Volume Up + Power key.
- On next step, you have to wipe all the data & caches from your tab’s memory & in case if you do not want this ROM to run on your device, its always better to keep Nandroid backup of the same. To backup your current ROM, select Backupand Restore option from the recovery mode & on next screen, select backup. Now It will backup your whole system.
- After getting into recovery mode, select wipe data/factory reset & wipe cache partition to wipe all the data & caches from the tablet’s memory.
- Select “install zip from sdcard” & then “choose zip from sdcard“. Navigate the ROM file (which you’ve transferred earlier) Select it & press on ‘Yes‘ to continue. ROM installation process will start.
- Wait for the ROM to get installed. After ROM gets successfully installed, your phone will land in the recovery mode again.
- Again select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard & this time browse for Google apps package file (gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip). Press on Yes to install confirm Google Apps installation.
- Select reboot system now from the recovery mode itself to Restart the phone.
- Usually first boot of the tablet takes some time after flashing new ROM so be patient.
Tip : In case if you don’t like this ROM, enter into recovery mode, select Backupand Restore option from the recovery mode & on next screen, select restore & choose your latest backup to restore.
Congratulations !! You’ve successfully installed the AOKP JB ROM on your Nexus 7. Let us know your sayings about the newly installed ROM. If you’ve got any question, comment it below. We will try to provide the solution for the same as soon as possible..