Still not updated your Galaxy S3 to Jelly Bean? This is the time to upgrade it as Another Official Android 4.1.2 XXEMA1 Jelly Bean firmware is pushed out. This firmware is specifically released for these countries- Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain & United Kingdom. Though Samsung has released the firmware for some specific countries, the same can be applied / installed worldwide with the help of flashing tool called Odin.
But wait this isn’t enough, we haven’t discussed the features yet, Right? Well, let us talk about it a bit. When features are considered, Android 4.1.2 is packed with TouchWiz Nature UX launcher (default & latest launcher by Samsung), revamped user interface like Note 2, Samsung’s S Cloud services, Added many camera features, improved lockscreen with lots of customization options, Direct Call, Smart Stay & Pop-up Play are added and Google now etc.
Impressed huh? So, let us check out how you can manually upgrade your Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 to Android 4.1.2 XXEMA1 Jelly Bean firmware.
Disclaimer : Steps given in this article are considered as risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt these things if you aren’t aware of it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we should not be held liable for it.
Please note that, this guide is purposefully made for Samsung Galaxy S3 (International variant) bearing GT-I9300 model number. Trying this on other variants of Galaxy S3 or on any other device may result in undesired outcomes.
- Charge your device up to 75% battery level.
- It is highly recommended to backup all your data from internal memory (includes contacts, messages (SMS/MMS), call logs, Internet APNs etc.). Your phone data will get lost after installation of this firmware (excluding External storage).
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 withXXEMA1 Jelly Bean Firmware (Android 4.1.2):
- Download XXEMA1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware package from here.
- Download Odin Multi Downloader 3.07 (Required for flashing the firmware) from the link given below.
- Odin 3.07
- Extract firmware package (.zip file) to any convenient location on your computer.
- Switch off the phone completely. Enter into download mode. For doing the same, press & hold Volume down + Home button (Middle one). While holding both buttons, simply press Power key till you see the construction Android robot & a yellow triangle.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader tool on your Computer which you’ve just downloaded & connect the phone using USB cable.
- If your phone is connected successfully, you’ll see that the ID:COM section (located at top left) is turned yellow with a random COM port number appeared below it. (If your ID:COM box doesn’t turn out to be yellow, don’t worry. You will need to install proper drivers for your device. For installation of drivers, use the CD you got at the time of purchase & install Kies software from it. You can download kies from here OR you can manually download it from here).
- In Odin, select PDA tab & choose “I9300XXEMA1_I9300ITVEMA1_I9300XXELLA_HOME.tar.md5″ file. Keep all the remaining options as they are & make sure that Re-Partition box is not checked.
- Press Start button to initiate the flashing process of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on your Galaxy S3. When flashing process finishes successfully, you’ll get Pass message with the Green background & device will restart automatically.
- Unplug the device from Computer.
- Now you will need to factory reset the phone in order to avoid boot loops & malfunctioning of the phone.
- To factory reset, you’ll have to boot in the recovery mode. The same can be achieved by following some simple steps.
- Switch off the phone (you can do this by removing battery or pressing power button).
- Press & hold Volume up + Home button together & then press Power key. You can release Power button as soon as Samsung logo appears.
- Your device is now booted into recovery mode.
- Since touch wont work in recovery, use Volume up/down & power key only for navigation & selection respectively.
- Now highlight Wipe data/factory reset by using Volume buttons & select it using power key. The same you have to do with Wipe Cache.
- After getting done with all these things, select reboot system now option to restart the phone.
- You may see that the phone is booting slowly than usual but don’t worry it’s normal & this is for the first time only.
Congratulations! Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (XXEMA1) is now up & running on your Samsung Galaxy S3. Do let us know how it is working for you & if you’ve got any doubt or query, comment it below, we will try our best to help out on the same. Enjoy..!