In today’s large competition in market, various leading companies use various strategies and good customer service & support is one of them. Samsung is very good at it. Along with amazing hardware, advertising and customer service they are leader in mobile market. Samsung has really pleased their users by providing latest Jelly Bean update to most of their devices.
And in their list of updates Tablet PCs are not behind. Now Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update is available for Verizon Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. This 7 inch network locked Tab was launched with on board ICS. And has features like LTE, Media Hub, NetFlix, Smart Remote etc. Now there is addition to these with all new Jelly Bean treat. Along with increased speed and smoothness Android 4.1.2 comes with features listed below:
- Google Now
- All Share
- Pop Up Play
- Group Cast
- Mini Apps
- All new Keyboard
- Sync & Connect email updates
- Free Style Widget
- Automatic widget size adjustment
You can have this update installed OTA. But for those who are having difficulties or for those who are using custom ROM can install this update manually. And believe me, it is a very simple procedure. Article written below explains detailed procedure of installing update.
Disclaimer: The Procedure described in this article is risky & cancause damageto your device. You should not try to attempt this if you are not aware of these things. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we shouldn’t held responsible for it.
Please note that, this update of official Jelly Bean firmware is intended forVerizonGalaxy Tab 2 7.0bearing model numberSCH-i705.Don’ttry it on any other device, it cancause damageto your device.
- Charge the battery of your device at least up to 70% so as to haveuninterrupted installation process.
- Take a backup of all important data like SMS/MMS, APN, contacts etc. since it will be lost if anything goes wrong during the installation.
- Firmware flashing software Odin requires device specific drivers must be installed on your computer. You can install the same by installing Samsung Kies. To download it manually,click here.
Procedure to Update Verizon Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with Official Jelly Bean (Android 4.1.2) firmware:
- Download flashing program (Odin Multi Downloader v3.07) & Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Package from the links mentioned below :
- Download Android 4.1.2 Updatefor Verizon Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
- Odin Multi Downloader v3.07
- Extract Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Package which you have downloaded in previous step on your computer. Youll find a file having extension.taror.tar.md5in your extracted folder which is the firmware file. You have to flash this file to your Tab using Odin Multi Downloader.
- Now switch off your Tablet. Samsung has provided downloading mode to manually flash the firmware file. Downloadingmode can be entered by HoldingPower Key+Volume Down Buttonsimultaneously.
- After entering into the downloadingmode, youll see “Downloading..” text in yellow. Keeping your device in downloadingmode, connect it to the PC.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader which youve just downloaded. If your device is properly connected then youll see that the ID:COM section has been turned blue. (If it is not then you need to install proper drivers of your device or you can download and install Kies which is PC software provided by Samsung. When you install Kies drivers are automatically installed with it).
- In Odin, select PDA tab. Browse through PC and select the firmware file from directory where you have stored it.
- Now simply press Start button. Flashing process will start. It will hardly take 6-7 Minutes to get over.
- As soon as Odin finished the process, ID:COM section will turn Green & will show Pass in the box above ID:COM section.
- Now disconnect your Tab from PC.
- Switch it off again since whole procedure isn’t over yet. Now you need to enter into Recovery mode. The same can be entered by HoldingVolume Up + Power Buttonsimultaneously.
- In the Recovery mode, select wipe data/factory reset & wipe cache partition. You have to use Volume Up/Down keys to highlight those options & Home button to select them.
- After wiping data, select reboot system now to Restart the Tab. Usually first boot take some time after flashing firmware so be patient. As soon as device gets rebooted successfully , youll land in all new Jelly Bean UI.
That’s it! Your Verizon Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is now running official Jelly bean firmware (Android 4.1.2). Do let us know how it isworking foryou. And comment below if you have got any doubt.