Till now Android 4.1 Jelly Bean has been ported to several devices in the form of custom ROMs like Cyanogenmod 10 or AOKP ROM & now the same (CM10) is ported for T Mobile Galaxy S3 by the XDA Member Euroskank. Codename of this ROM is JellyBro, which is kept by the ROM developer himself. This ROM is self-compiled from the Cyanogenmod sources.
Cyanogenmod 10 brings a pure stock Android 4.1 experience with some customizable functions (since the ROM isnt fully developed, it is not fully customizable yet). Also with the new feature called project butter, its so smooth & fast. CM10 also includes smarted keyboard, offline voice typing, advanced voice recognition etc.
As mentioned above, ROM is under development (You can say alpha stage), some features & functions are missing. According to the developer, almost everything is working fine but bugs still exist & of course they will be fixed as development goes on.
Disclaimer : The methods & procedures described here are risky. If you are not aware of the things discussed here, you should not attempt it. In case if any damage happened to your device while following this procedure, neither we nor developer of this ROM should be held responsible for it.
Please note that the guide mentioned here is compatible only with T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 which bears model number T999. Please DON’T try it on any other device (including Sprint/Verizon/International variant) or it may result in hard bricked phone.
Procedure to install CM10 ROM preview on T-Mobile Galaxy S3 :
- You must have custom recovery (Clockworkmod Recovery / TWRP Recovery) installed on your phone in order to install this custom ROM
- Download CM10 ROM Package from the official development page (Link is mentioned below):
- CM10 preview for Galaxy S3
- Download Jelly Bean Google Apps which are not pre-installed in the ROM by default.
Jelly Bean Google Apps.
- Transfer both the files to your device’s internal SD Card & then turn off the device.
- Now you need to boot into recovery mode. To do so, press & hold Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key until recovery appears.
Note : On next step, you have to wipe all the data & caches from your device’s phone memory & in case if you want to revert back to previous ROM, its always better to keep Nandroid backup of the same. To backup your current ROM, select Backupand Restore option from the recovery mode & on next screen, select backup. Now It will backup your whole system (excluding SD card).
- After entering into recovery mode, select wipe data/factory reset & wipe cache partition to wipe all the data & caches from the phone memory.
- Select “install zip from sdcard” & then “choose zip from sdcard“. Navigate the ROM file (**.zip) highlight it, press Home button & select ‘Yes‘ to continue. ROM installation process will start.
- Wait for the ROM to get installed. After ROM gets successfully installed, your phone will land in the recovery mode again.
- The same procedure you have to do for installation of Google Apps. (Just omit the above step i.e, wiping of data). When you finished installation of Gapps, press back button to land in recovery mode.
- This time select reboot system now to restart the phone.
- Usually first boot of the phone takes some time after flashing of new ROM so be patient.
That’s it !! by this time CM10 ROM is now installed on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3. Let us know how it is working for you & in case if you need any help, comment it below, we will try to help you out on the same..
Tip : In case if you don’t like this ROM, enter into recovery mode, select Backupand Restore option from the recovery mode & on next screen, select restore & choose your latest backup to restore.