Now its time for arrival of Galaxy S4. So it is new flagship device for Samsung. But you cant forget that Note 2 has served Samsung well till now. And of course it will remain latest device from Note series unless Note 3 comes in market.
Around the world network provider companies sell network locked versions of popular phones on contract basis and they provide a very good deal. The only disadvantage of this carrier locked devices is it takes a lot of time to have official updates. Initially Phone Company releases the updated firmware then Carrier Company takes some more time to further customize it and add their own apps and features to it.
Similarly Galaxy Note 2 comes in various variants. Now official Jelly Bean update is available for T-Mobile Note 2. This update was already out for international variant of Note 2 bot now T-Mobile users can also enjoy it. This update enables LTE support so users now can enjoy LTE.
Users can now enjoy all the latest features of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean like actionable notifications, resizable widgets, smoother interface etc. Plus here are some key features of this firmware given below.
- New Additions in notification Toggles
- Notification Panel can now be customized
- Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be Disabled
- Multi-View Can now be disabled
- Browser Is Smoother Then Before
- Status Bar has been changed from Grey to Black
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- New Ink Effect On Lockscreen
- New Group Cast Application
Now lets see how to flash this update manually on your T-Mobile Note 2. You can follow simple steps which are given below.
Disclaimer: The Procedure described in this article is risky & cancause damageto your device. You should not try to attempt this if you are not aware of these things. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we shouldn’t held responsible for it.
Please note that, this update of leaked Jelly Bean firmware is intended forT-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 bearing model numberSGH-889. DONTtry it on other variants of the same or on any other device, it cancause damageto your phone.
- Charge your device up to 75% battery level.
- It is highly recommended to backup all your data from internal memory (includes contacts, messages (SMS/MMS), call logs, Internet APNs etc.). Your phone data will get lost after installation of this firmware (excluding External storage).
- In order to use USB debugging mode on your phone, device specific drivers must be installed on your computer. You can install the same by installing Samsung Kies. To download it manually,click here.
Procedure to Update T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T899 with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware:
- Download Odin Multi Downloader v3.07 & Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware package from the links mentioned below :
- Odin Multi Downloader v3.07
- Download Android 4.1.2 firmware package for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2
- Extract firmware package (.zip file) to any convenient location on your computer. You will find file namedKIES_HOME_T889UVBMB4_T889TMBBMB4_935627_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5.
- Now, switch off the phone completely. Enter into download mode. For doing the same, press and hold these keys together:Volume Down + Home + Powertill the screen turns on. Then pressVolume Upto enter download mode.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader tool on your Computer which you’ve just downloaded & connect the phone using USB cable.
- If your phone is connected successfully, youll see that the ID:COM section (located at top left) is turned Blue with a random COM port number appeared below it. (If your ID:COM box doesnt turn out to be Blue, don’t worry. You will need to install proper drivers for your device. For installation of drivers, use the CD you got at the time of purchase & install Kies software from it. You can download kies from here OR you can manually download device drivers from here).
- In Odin, select PDA tab & chooseKIES_HOME_T889UVALJ1_T889TMBALJ1_260018_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 file. Keep all the remaining options as they are & make sure that Re-Partition box is not checked.
- Press Start button to initiate the flashing process of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on your Galaxy Note 2. When flashing process finishes successfully, youll get Pass message with the Green background above COM port & device will restart automatically.
- Unplug the device from Computer.
- Now you will need to factory reset the phone in order to avoid boot loops & malfunctioning of the phone.
- To factory reset, youll have to boot in the recovery mode. The same can be achieved by following some simple steps.
- Switch off the phone (you can do this by removing battery or pressing power button).
- Press & hold Volume up + Home button together & then press Power key. You can release Power button as soon as Samsung logo appears.
- Your device is now booted into recovery mode.
- Since touch wont work in recovery, use Volume up/down & power key only for navigation & selection respectively.
- Now highlight Wipe data/factory reset by using Volume buttons & select it using power key. The same you have to do with Wipe Cache.
- After getting done with all these things, select reboot system now option to restart the phone.
- You may see that the phone is booting slowly than usual but dont worry it’s normal & this is for the first time only.
You have done a great job. Now official Android 4.1.2 firmware is installed on your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2. Now enjoy all the latest Jelly Bean features along with LTE support. Comment below if you need any assistance.