Now days, smartphone manufactures are struggling hard to take a lead over each other. Everyone is trying hard to provide the best Android device in the smartphone market. It is tendency of normal human beings to get attracted towards the best design, specification & features of the smartphone. But wait! These things are not enough; operating system of that smartphone also matters equally. People often choose a smartphone that has faster processing speed & latest version of Android. Some of them choose a device which is planned to latest version of Android.
Android powered smartphone from Sony does possess quality, design, specifications & features but lags in firmware updates. Sony is often slow in rolling out Official firmware updates & upgrades. But though they are slow, they havent broken their promise like other manufacturers do. In fact, Sony is the only smartphone manufacturer that has given ICS update to low end devices like Xperia Tipo & Xperia Miro which runs on 800 MHz processor.
Anyways, Sony has rolled out Android 4.0.4 ICS 6.1.1.B.1.54 firmware update for Xperia Sola MT27i. In terms of UI, performance & features, Ice Cream Sandwich is much different than Gingerbread. One of the best feature you will observer in ICS is Glove Mode. Its an extension of Sony’s floating touch technology that makes it possible to use your Xperia Sola in the cold whilst wearing gloves in winter season. All these things seem interesting, right? I promise, youll definitely love ICS upgrade.
In the rest portion of this article, well checkout how you can upgrade your Xperia Sola ST22i to Android 4.0.4 ICS 6.1.1.B.1.54 firmware.
Disclaimer : Steps given in this article are risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt these things if you are unaware of it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. We won’t be held liable if you damage your device while following this guide.
This tutorial is compatible only with Sony Xperia Sola MT27i. Implementing it on Xperia P / Xperia U or on any other device can cause permanent damage to your device.
- Charge your phone at least up to 70% so that flashing process wont get interrupted.
- It is highly recommended to backup all your data from internal memory (includes contacts, messages (SMS/MMS), call logs, Internet APNs etc.). Your phone data will get lost after installation of this firmware (excluding External storage).
- Disable Antivirus solution on your PC.
Procedure to Upgrade Sony Xperia Sola MT27i to Official Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware (6.1.1.B.1.54):
- Download Xperia Flashtool from here. Well be using it for flashing the firmware.
- Download Xperia Sola MT27i Official Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware package (6.1.1.B.1.54) from here and save it any convenient location.
- Install Flashtool that you’ve just downloaded in your computer. For the sake of convenience, install it in root directory of C: drive.
- Navigate to C: –> Flashtool –> Firmwares and delete all the data over there if anything is present.
- Now move MT27i_6.1.1.B.1.54_Global.ftf file in the above mentioned directory.
- Open Xperia Flashtool. Select Flash option (Black Bolt icon) from the top left corner of the tool (Refer to image given below).
- It will ask you to select either Flashmode or Fastboot mode. Select Flashmode & proceed further by hitting OK button.
- On next screen, Firmware selection window will appear. On left side, select MT27i (version 6.1.1.B.1.54).
- In right side of the tool, tick following 4 options (Caution! Dont tick any other option than 4 mentioned below).
- Wipe data.
- Wipe cache.
- Wipe apps log.
- No final verification.
- Press OK. Wait for Flashtool to prepare firmware installation.
- Now, it will ask you to connect your phone. Before you connect your phone to computer, enter into Flashmode on it. To do so, switch off the phone completely. By holding Volume down key, connect it to PC. If done correctly, you should see a green light on the power.
- After establishing proper connection with the computer, flashing process will start. Firmware installation process may get stuck around 93%, which is normal. It stays there for 20-30 seconds and not more than that.
- Once you get Flashing finished message in Flashtool, remove your phone from PC & wait for it to reboot (It may take more time than usual for booting the device, which is normal. So don’t get panic & be patient).
There you go! Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware is successfully installed on your Sony Xperia Sola MT27i. Do let us know how ICS & Glove mode are doing for you. And lastly, if you need any help, just drop a comment below & we’ll be there for you. Enjoy..