Sony Xperia Pro MK16i Can Now Be Update From Gingerbread Or ICS 4.0.3 To ICS 4.0.4. This Update of ICS 4.0.4 is Released With 4.1.B.0.431 As Build Number.It is Also Available Over PCC (PC Companion) & OTA. Many Users Have Already Updated Their Xperia Pro By The Official Way i.e PCC or OTA But Since Update is Released Only For Specific SI Numbers, All Users Are Unable To update is Officially. Therefore Those Who Want To Update Their Devices Manually Inspite of Waiting For The Official Update For Their Device’s SI Numbers, We Have Come Up With An Article On How Can You Update Your Xperia Pro With ICS 4.0.4 Firmware.(Please Note That The Update Mentioned In This Article is Released For Central Europe Regions & Anyone Can Apply It In His/Her Phone Irrespective of Region They Belong).
Let Us Move For The Rest Portion of This Article Where We Will Be Checking The Following Things :
- Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware.
Procedure To Update Sony Xperia Pro MK16i With Official ICS 4.0.4.
Disclaimer : We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be), Neither We nor Sony will Be Held Responsible For It.And Also Please Be Noted That Flashing Firmware May Void Your Device’s Warranty.So Flash It At Your Own Risk.
Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware:
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned in Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware, You are Now Ready to Move to Rest Part of The Article Where We Will be Checking That how to apply ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Update in Xperia Pro.
Procedure To Update Sony Xperia Pro MK16i With Official ICS 4.0.4 :
- Firstly You Need To Download The Two Files Which is Mentioned Below :
Xperia Pro ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Package. | 205.67 MB
- Install Flashtool Which You’ve Just Downloaded In Your Computer (For You Convenience, It is Recommended To Install Flash Tool in C: Drive).
- Extract Xperia Pro ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Update Package (MK16i_4.1.B.0.431_Central_Europe.rar) in Your PC, You’ll Get .ftf File.
- Navigate C:–>flashtool–>firmwares Directory.Delete All The Data in That Directory If It is Present Over There.
- Copy/Move The Extracted Firmware Package File (MK16i_4.1.B.0.431_Central_Europe.ftf) In The C:flashtoolfirmwares Directory.
- Now We’ll Proceed To The Actual Firmware Updating Procedure In Our Further Tutorial.
- Open Xperia Flashtool Which You’ve Just Installed.Select Flash Option From The Top Corner of The Tool.(Refer The Image Below).
- You’ll Be Ask To Select Either Flash Mode Or Fastboot Mode.Select Flash Mode & Press Ok.
- After Selecting Flash Mode, Firmware Selection Window Will Appear.In The Left Side Select MK16i (Version 4.1.B.0.431).
- In The Right Side, Tick The Following 4 Options Only.
- Wipe data
- Wipe cache
- Wipe apps log
- No Final Verification
- Press Ok Button. Wait For It To Prepare.Now It will Ask You To Connect Your Mobile, Follow The Steps Carefully & Connect Your Phone.(While Connecting The Device To The Computer, Turn Off Your Xperia Pro. Press & Hold The Back Key.Now Connect It To The PC).
- As Soon As Connect Your Device To PC, Flashing Process Should Now Start.Once You See The Flashing Finished Message In Flashtool.Remove/Detach The Device From PC & Wait For The Device To Reboot (First Boot After Flashing Firmware Takes More Time Than The Usual.So Don’t Panic & Be Patient).
Congratulations ! By This Time You Have Successfully Update Your Sony Xperia Pro With Latest Firmware Update of ICS 4.0.4. Now In Case If You Face Any Difficulty While Flashing The Firmware, Do Let me Know In Comments.I Will Be There To Assist You As Quick As Possible.