Procedure to Upgrade Samsung Infuse 4G to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean via Cyanogenmod 10.1 Custom ROM:
- Download Google Apps (Gmail, Maps, GTalk, Play Store etc.) from the link given below.
- Google Apps for CM10.1
- After downloading ROM package & Google Apps, connect your phone to the PC. Enable mass storage mode to access internal memory & transfer both files on the root directory of it.
- Disconnect the phone from PC. Now boot into Clockworkmod recovery. To do so, switch off the phone completely. Press & hold Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key together & release power button when Samsung logo appears. Keep holding other two until recovery mode shows up.
- After getting into the recovery, make a nandroid backup of your current ROM so that it can be restored back in case of failure. To do so, Highlight backup and restore option in the recovery menu, select it & then choose backup to start the backup process.
- Select wipe data/factory reset & subsequently wipe cache partition to wipe the data & caches respectively from the phone memory. (Caution! performing this step will erase all the data from internal memory, which includes sms/mms, contacts, reminders, APNs, call logs, apps etc. therefore ensure that youve taken backup of all these things before).
- Now select install zip from sdcard & then on next screen select, choose zip from sdcard. It will show you all files & folders located on the root directory of your device. Navigate to the ROM file, select it using power button (unless youre using touch CWM) & confirm the installation by pressing on Yes. This should start installing the ROM.
- As soon as ROM installation finishes, again select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. This time search for the gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip & install it.
- After you finish flashing both files, Selectreboot system nowto Restart the phone.
Note:If you want to restore back your previous ROM, you can do so by booting into CWM recovery. In recovery, selectBackup and Restoreoption & on next screen, selectrestore.Now choose the backup you like to restore (or the restore the backup you’ve made before flashing this ROM).
There you go! Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean based custom ROM Cyanogenmod 10.1 is now running & up on your AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G I997. Do let us know how the ROM is doing its job. Be sure to leave a comment if you ran into any problem. And lastly, don’t forget to keep visiting ROM development page for latest updates & bug fixes.