Samsung Galaxy Y is their most famous budget smartphone. With its configuration, it is not likely to get latest Android versions such as ICS or Jelly Bean etc. But that doesn’t mean Samsung has stopped on working on its software. They are always working to bring out best for their customers from the available resources. The latest firmware Android 2.3.6 XXLI2 is now rolled out for this device. This official update, released in October 2012, is for the users in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom only.
In further article, step-by-step procedure is mentioned about how to update Galaxy Y with 2.3.6 XXLI2 firmware.
Disclaimer: The steps mentioned in the following article are considered as risky and may cause damage to your mobile. It is requested that you should not follow it if you are not aware of all these things. Read article at your own risk. We or developers are not responsible for any damage caused to your mobile after implementing these steps to your mobile.
This official firmware is strictly intended for Samsung Galaxy Y bearing model number S5360. Implementing it to any other device might give you unwanted outcomes.
Make sure that you have charged your mobile at least up to 70% so that installation won’t get interrupted due to lack of power.
- It is recommended that you should take a backup of all your important personal data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to external memory since it gets wiped during flashing of firmware.
- You must have installed your mobile drivers on your PC. If you have installed Kies on your PC, you don’t need to install drivers separately.
Procedure to Install Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread XXLI2 firmware on Samsung Galaxy Y S5360:
- Download Android 2.3.6 XXLI2 firmware for Galaxy Y. Extract that .zip file on your computer.
- (Click here to download.)
- Download and install Odin v1.85 on your computer. It is necessary to flash the firmware on your mobile.
- (Click here to download.)
- Next step is to boot your device into downloading mode. For that first switch off your mobile. Then press & hold volume down + home button + power button simultaneously until you get Downloading message on your mobile screen.
- Now open Odin which you have installed earlier. One of your ID:COM box will turn yellow if your device is connected properly. You will also get Added message in Odin’s message box. If you won’t get it, make sure that you have installed proper drivers on your computer.
- Click on PDA button and selectS5360XXLI2_S5360NEELI1_S5360XXLH2_HOME.tar.md5 from the earlier extracted files.
- Check Auto Reboot and F.Reset option. Don’t click anywhere in the Odin.
- Click on Start button for flashing the firmware on your mobile. It will take some time. And after successful installation your mobile rebooted automatically showing pass message in Odin’s message box.
However if you mobile get stuck or you get a fail message then exit the Odin, disconnect mobile from computer, remove battery and re-insert it and follow the above procedure again.
Nice work! Your Samsung Galaxy Y is now running on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread XXLI2 firmware. Do let us know how it is working. You can frankly share your views about this article.