There are not at all chances of Samsung to release further official updates for the mid-range Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smart phone. Hardware limitation may be the main reason behind it. But still there is a way you can experience the Jelly beans style and effect on your device. Flashing Custom ROMs on your handset is the only solution for it. It always proves a lot worthy for experiencing the latest features and user interface. The xda developers fortunately have been working to provide you the best suitable Custom ROMs for Galaxy Y. This time they have come up with JellyNoid Custom ROM based on the Android 4.2.2 version.
This ROM not only brings Jelly bean theme and style for Galaxy Y, but also helps to boost the performance of your device with the new features, apps and capabilities that it has. Even you can be able to optimize as well as customize the system settings located in your phone. The ROM makes the device look cool with its beautiful interface, blazing speed, and with various extra features. It helps the device to gain more speed along with improvement in the battery life.
Its further eye catchy features include navigational elements, beautiful stock apps and smart dialing which make the default music client more customizable. Many system tweaks and optimization have been made in this ROM which makes it reduce in lagging delays. Thus it is much stable and faster in performance. The themes available here can change the look of everything on the device. You can mix up all the elements of any theme to get a unique look. For reducing your efforts it has got Settings & Recent Apps Shortcut on Status Bar. More of its features are listed below.
- Added new theme and customization options.
- Increased RAM.
- Secure boot status.
- Battery Saving Tweaks for Extended Battery Life.
- Camera quality tweaks.
- Smart pause toggle in notifications slider.
- GPS Configuration tweaks.
- Added exposure and jpeg quality to video camera.
- Added new Notification which can accessed through Lockscreens.
- Easily access the internal system.
So, if you want to experience the amazing features of Android 4.2 JellyNoid on your Samsung Galaxy Y then feel free to install this Custom ROM update.
The process of updating Samsung Galaxy Y with JellyNoid Custom ROM is considered to be of much risk and even a slight change can highly damage your device. So you need to do it properly and at your own risk. Neither we nor the developers are responsible if your mobile is crashed or anything happens to your device which is not reparable. Even though the chances of getting you device damaged or crashed are very low but still we strongly recommend you to follow all the instructions properly as they are mentioned below. Don’t try to apply anything by your own.
The JellyNoid update given below is compatible only and only with Samsung Galaxy Y model number GT-S5360. So don’t flash it if you’re having another device except the one mentioned as your device may get bricked or may result into unwanted outcomes. You can verify the given number with your device’s model number from Homescreen–> Menu–>Settings –> About Phone.
- Your device may get switched off during the flashing process due to low battery life. Hence it is strongly recommended to charge the battery of your mobile at least up to 80%.
- For improving your battery life, follow this guide:
- How to Improve Battery Life of an Android Device (Tips).
- Always remember to backup all your Phone data and settings including contacts, SMS/MMS and call logs etc. to external memory card or on your PC since it gets wiped in the last step of procedure.
- For backing up Contacts & Messages, use this article:
- How to Backup Android Contacts and Text Messages (SMS/MMS).
- For backing up Call logs, APNs & EFS folder, use this article:
- How to backup Call logs, APNs and EFS folder from your Android Device.
- Ensure that a Custom Recovery like Clockworkmod recovery is installed on your device which is required to flash JellyNoid Custom ROM. If you haven’t installed it yet don’t worry, just follow this guide to do so.
- Download the JellyNoid Custom ROM from the given link below:
- Click Here to Download
Checkout: How to change default Android icons on your Galaxy Y S5360
- Download the Google Apps containing Gmail, Play store, maps etc. from the given link below:
- Click here to Download
- After downloading these two files, connect your device to the computer, enable mass storage mode and transfer these files to your device external storage. Ensure that you are not placing them in the deep directories. Also remember not to extract them.
- Once this is done switch off your device completely. Now you need to enter into the recovery mode which can be entered by holding Home Button (middle button) + Volume Up + Power Button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears. (In Recovery mode use Volume Up and Down key for Navigation and Home Button for Selection).
- As soon as you enter into recovery mode, the first thing you must do is taking a nandroid backup of your current ROM. This is highly recommended in case you don’t like this ROM or due to some failure caused. The proper nandroid backup can be done by following our guide:
- How to Backup whole ROM/Firmware via Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery.
- After taking the nandroid backup navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card’ located on recovery mode & then ‘choose zip from SD card’. Once you click on it, all your folders and files present on SD card will be seen. Now navigate to JellyNoid ROM file which you’ve copied earlier & simply select it using the Home button. Confirm the installation by pressing ‘Yes’. The installation process will begin now.
- Rom installation process will complete in just a few minutes. Now as soon as the ROM gets flashed, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ on the recovery mode itself. This will wipe all the data & caches from the phone memory respectively.
- Follow the same above procedure for flashing Google Apps. But remember not to perform the last step of wiping data after installation of Google Apps.
- Once everything mentioned above is done, restart your device by pressing ‘reboot system now’ from the Recovery mode. You will see a new boot animation than usual. Note that the first boot always takes a minute but after that it can restart smoothly.
Note: If you don’t like this ROM and want to restore back your previous Rom you can do that by simply going back to the Recovery mode through the method given above and select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on next screen select ‘Restore’.
You did it! JellyNoid Custom ROM based on the Android 4.2.2 version has been successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Y. Enjoy and experience the exceptionally good, bug free and very smooth performance of this ROM on your Smartphone. If you face any kind of difficulty, trouble or have any issue with this stuff then don’t hesitate to inform us. All you need to do is drop your problem through comments given below. Your suggestions or issues will be pleasingly accepted and an exact solution will be given as soon as possible.