ParanoidAndroid custom ROM is popular in mobile as well as tablet users. Its hybrid user interface allows you to scale different icons, widgets and even system components manually. Since hybridization of both tablet and mobile UIs are present in ParanoidAndroid, you can easily switch between any of the user interface.
This ROM, based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, is now available for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7. Thanks to XDA Developers member- Androguide for bringing it for you. The likes of Jelly Bean such as Butter like smooth interface, Google Now, offline voice typing are also incorporated in it. This custom ROM is available for three models of tablets viz. P6800, P6810 and I815 from Verizon.
The simple and easy steps are mentioned in the following article about how to install ParanoidAndroid 4.1 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7.
Disclaimer: The procedure given in the following article is considered as risky and may cause damage to your tablet. It is requested that you shouldnt follow this tutorial if you are new to this android world. Read this article at your own risk. We or developers are not responsible for any damage caused to your tablet.
The given article is only meant for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 bearing model numbers P6800, P6810, and I815 from Verizon. Applying it for any other model or variant might cause some permanent damage to it.
- Flashing of ROM is a little bit lengthy process. So you must charge your tablet at least up to 70% so that installation wont get interrupted due to lack of battery power.
- Take a backup of all your personal data on tablet like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory since it gets vanished during installation.
- Most important you must have Clockworkmod recovery installed on your tablet. Without this you cant flash the ROM. Click here to install it.
Procedure to install 4.1 ParanoidAndroid Jelly Bean custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7:
- First download ParanoidAndroid ROM for your Galaxy Tab 7.7 model. Here are the downloading links for different models.
- ParanoidAndroid for P6800.
- ParanoidAndroid for P6810.
- ParanoidAndroid for I815 (Verizon).
- Also download Gapps package for your tablet
- (Click here to download it.)
- Now connect your tablet to PC via USB cable. Enable mass storage mode and copy both the files to the external microSD card.
- Disconnect your tablet from PC. Switch off it and Boot into the Recovery mode. For that press & hold volume up + power button simultaneously until you boot into the Clockworkmod recovery. (In recovery mode, use volume keys for navigation.)
- Now we have to take a nandroid backup of current system. To do this, select backup & restore option from recovery menu followed by backup on next screen. This nandroid backup gets saved in the external memory of your tablet.
- After this, you will come back to the recovery menu. Select wipe data/factory reset to wipe all the data from the memory. Now select wipe cache and confirm it on next screen. Next, select Advance followed by Wipe Dalvik cache and confirms it on next screen.
- In the next step, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. And select ParanoidAndroid ROM file which you have saved earlier in the external memory.
- Installation will take some time and at the end of it you will again return to the recovery mode.
- Again select install zip from SD card and choose zip from sdcard. This time select Gapps file. Press yes on next screen for installation.
- After successful installation of things, select +++++go back+++++ and then reboot system now. With this your tablet is rebooted with newly installed ParanoidAndroid Jelly Bean custom ROM.
Well done! Your tablet is running on ParanoidAndroid 4.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM. You can freely share your views about this article.
Tip: If you want to uninstall this ROM and return back to the stock one, you can easily do it just by booting into the recovery mode. Select backup & restore option followed by restore & chose your latest backup to restore.