Day after day Android developers are rolling out numerous Custom ROMs based on the new versions of android. From Android 1.5 Cupcake to the recently launched Android 4.4 KitKat, there has been several custom ROMs released during these decades. With the launch of each ROM, there has been a drastic improvement in performance, specs, features & all the rest aspects. Cyanogenmod, AOKP, Paranoid, Pac, Liquid smooth, MIUI, Avatar, Slim bean are the various well known custom ROMs available for every handset in today’s Android world. However amongst all, the only ROM that stands out in Android world is Cyanogenmod. This CM ROM released by Steve Kondik is the most preferred one as it offers an experience which is relatively close to what is known as Stock ROM. But if you want to experience a ROM stuffed with full crazy customization features, then AOKP is the only ROM for you.
Custom ROMs based on Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) are light weight, have a capability to enhance the overall usability, have kernels capable of real-time processor speed stepping which in turn helps to boost the battery power & hence the performance of your device. From the past few years AOKP has surely given a good fight to the Cyanogenmod team. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is among the lucky few Android devices to receive the latest KitKat; thanks to the release of Android 4.4 based AOKP ROM by the most recognized Android Open KANG Project developers. This ROM provides the same standard that AOKP has shown throughout their releases.
Some of the devastating Android 4.4 KitKat features ported into this AOKP ROM includes Google Home with new Launcher, trimmed Core System processes, Screen Recording, Tap to Play, battery saving tweaks, cloud printing via Gallery, Full screen immersive mode, redesigned office, seamless resolution boost during media playback and much more. It has proved as the best custom ROM to brings all the Android 4.4 goodies on your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100/P3110. Those who wish to experience the latest KitKat features on their Galaxy Tab can follow our guide given below.
We strongly remind every Android user that if anything happens to your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 by following this article given below, then neither we nor the developers will be held liable for that. You are advised to proceed at your own risk. Although this happens in rare case but still read and follow each and every step carefully and without a single mistake.
This article must be only performed on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 having model number P3100 & P3110. Flashing this on any other device or variant can cause severe damage to your device. So better verify & confirm your device model number from Homescreen–> Menu–>Settings –> About device before proceeding further.
- Make sure that your tablets battery is charged at least up to 75% to minimize the risk of interruption during the AOKP installation process.
- For improving your battery life, you can follow our guide:
- How to Improve Battery Life of an Android Device (Tips).
- This process wipes your entire data present on your tab memory. So a complete backup is must before proceeding further. For that copy & transfer all your important data including contacts, SMS/MMS, APN settings and call logs etc. on your PC for safety.
- For backing up Contacts & Messages, you may refer our article:
- How to Backup Android Contacts and Text Messages (SMS/MMS).
- For backing up Call logs, APNs & EFS folder, you may refer our article:
- How to backup Call logs, APNs and EFS folder from your Android Device.
- (Important!) Before flashing any custom ROM based on Android 4.4 KitKat, we strongly remind you to install a latest Custom Recovery tool on your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. If you haven’t installed it yet, then do that immediately since it is very much essential for installing the latest AOKP Custom ROM.
- Download links for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 are given below:
- Android 4.4 KitKat for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100
- Android 4.4 KitKat for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110
- Download the latest Google Apps containing Gmail, Play store, Gtalk, maps etc. from the given link below:
- Click here to Download
- After downloading all the files given above, connect your tab to PC using USB cable and without extracting transfer them to your tablets external storage. Remember not to place them in deep directories.
- Now disconnect your tablet from PC and switch it off completely. You need to enter into recovery mode. For that press and hold Volume Up + Power button simultaneously until you land in recovery mode.
- There is always a risk of losing your private data so better make a nandroid backup of your current ROM. This nandroid backup is the backup of whole operating system which can be completely regained back if you face any issue with this AOKP ROM. You can follow our guide for taking a proper nandroid backup:
- How to Backup whole ROM/Firmware via Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery.
- Now return to the recovery mode and navigate to ‘install zip from SD card’ option & on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option. This will show you all the data present on your external SD card. Now navigate to AOKP Android 4.4 KitKat ROM package file which you’ve copied earlier & select it. On the next screen select ‘Yes’ option to initiate the flashing process.
- The AOKP ROM flashing process on your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 will hardly take few minutes to complete. After successful completion of the installation process, you will again land in recovery mode.
- Next select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ option to wipe all the data & caches from your tab memory respectively. This step can solve the boot loops issue.
- The same procedure can be used for flashing Google Apps. But remember not to perform the last step of wiping data after installing Google Apps.
- Finally all the installation processes completes here. You just need to restart your tab now. For the same, navigate to the ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode and select it. The first boot always takes more time to start than usual.
Note: If you face any difficulty while flashing this AOKP Custom ROM and want to restore back your previous one, then this can be done by going back to the recovery mode again by holding Volume Up + Power button simultaneously and select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on next screen select ‘Restore’ option. This will show you the ROM that you’ve backed up before. Select the one you want to restore.
At last! The AOKP Custom ROM based on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat has been successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Tab P3100/P3110. Enjoy the newly added tweaks for enhancing the overall usability experience of the ROM. Do tell us your views after using this ROM. Also you can freely comment us in case if you come across any difficulty or if you have any problem regarding the content given above. We’ll provide an exact solution for your each problem. Till then Enjoy!