Jelly bean 4.1 has been ported for Galaxy Tab 10.1 in the form of Cyanogenmod 10. We are really thankful to XDA Member MapleSyrup who has made it possible by compiling the ROM for both the variants i.e, Wi-Fi & Wi-Fi + 3G by using Cyanogenmod sources. This build of the ROM is somewhat stable than the previous one. We have included list of working/non working functions below (Quoted on official development page). So what are waiting for ? Go try it out now..
Since the ROM is in it’s early stage of development (alpha stage), it may contain several bugs, therefore ensure that you are comfortable to go ahead with it.
Disclaimer : The methods & procedures described here are risky. If you are not aware of the things discussed here, you should not attempt it. In case if any damage happened to your device while following this procedure, neither we nor developer of this ROM should be held responsible for it.
Here is the list of working/not working functions in this ROM (Quoted on official development page) :
- 3G (GT-P7500)
- HW accelerated video
Please note that the guide mentioned here is compatible only with Galaxy tab 10.1 which bears model number P7500 / P7510. Please dont try it on any other device or it may result in hard bricked phone.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with Cyanogenmod 10 (Jelly Bean 4.1) :
- Before proceeding, ensure that you’ve installed custom recovery (clockworkmod) on your tab.
- Download CM10 package from the official development page (Link is mentioned below). Choose the correct version to download which is compatible with your device since there are different downloads for Wi-Fi & Wi-Fi + 3G.
- Latest CM10 Package.
- Download Google Apps (Gmail, Maps, GTalk, Play Store etc.) which are not pre-installed in ROM by default.
Google App For Jelly Bean.
- As soon as you download above 2 files. Connect your device to PC by using the cable which you’ve got at the time of purchase. Enable mass storage mode on it. Now transfer/copy that 2 files to your device’s internal SD card. Ensure that you are not placing it in deep directory.
- Now disconnect the phone from computer. You then need to boot into recovery mode. To do so, switch off the device, press & hold Volume Up button + Power key until recovery mode appears.
Note : On next step, you have to wipe all the data & caches from your device’s phone memory & in case if you do want this ROM to run on your device its always better to keep Nandroid backup of the same. To backup your current ROM, select Backupand Restore option from the recovery mode & on next screen, select backup. Now It will backup your whole system (excluding SD card).
- After entering into recovery mode, select wipe data/factory reset & wipe cache partition to wipe all the data & caches.
- Then Select “install zip from sdcard” & then “choose zip from sdcard“. Navigate the ROM file (which you’ve transferred earlier) Select it & press on ‘Yes‘ to continue. ROM installation process will start.
- Wait for the ROM to get installed. After ROM gets successfully installed, your phone will land in the recovery mode again. Now
- Same way you have to install Google Apps. (Just don’t do the above step i.e, wiping data). When you finished installation of Gapps, press back button to go to the main menu of the recovery.
- Now select reboot system now from the recovery mode itself to Restart the phone.
- Usually first boot of the tab takes some time after flashing of new ROM so be patient.
Congratulations !! Your Galaxy Tab 10.1 is now running CM10 which is based on Latest Jelly Bean 4.1. Share your thoughts about this newly installed ROM with us. In case if you need a help, feel free to comment it below..
Tip : To restore the ROM which you’ve backup early, enter into recovery, select Backup & Restore -> Restore -> (your latest backup).