Finally Samsung has rolled out Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) update for Galaxy Tab Wi-Fi edition (P7510) in USA. This update is dubbed as UELPL in the name of base version. You can upgrade your tab’s firmware to ICS via Samsung’s official updating software Kies or you can flash it by the manual way i.e, by using odin flashing tool.
ICS 4.0.4 UELPL update is pushed out with significant changes like performance improvement, stability, new user interface, face unlock & much more. So don’t wait anymore, go ahead & flash out this newly released ICS firmware update on your Galaxy Tab 10.1 by following the easy steps given below.
Disclaimer : The Procedure described in this article is risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt this if you are not aware of these things. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we should not be held responsible for it.
Please note that, this firmware update is applicable only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi P7510. Don’t try it on any other device as it is not compatible other than the above mentioned device.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi P7510 with Android 4.0.4 UELPL firmware :
- Download Odin Multi Downloader which we will be using for flashing the firmware.
- Odin v3.04
- Download ICS 4.0.4 firmware package from the link mentioned below:
- UELPL firmware package | Alternate Link
- Extract the firmware package to get P7510XABLPL_P7510UELPL_HOME.tar.md5 file.
- Now boot into downloading mode. To do so, switch off your device completely, press & hold Volume down + Power key simultaneously.
- Now open Odin Multi Downloader.
- Connect your device to the PC by keeping it in downloading mode.
- As soon as you’ll connect device to the Computer, you’ll see that the ID:COM section (located at the left top of screen) is turned yellow. This is to ensure that your device is connected properly. If ID:COM section doesn’t turned out to be yellow then you need to install drivers for your device (or install kies software from the CD which you got at the time of purchase).
- In Odin, Select PDA tab & choose P7510XABLPL_P7510UELPL_HOME.tar.md5 file by keeping all the remaining settings as it is.
- Press Start button to initiate the process.
- As soon as flashing process gets finished, ID:COM section will turn Green with the Pass written above it. (Don’t disconnect the tab until you see the Pass message in Odin).
Tip : If Odin gets stuck while flashing the firmware or seems to be not working, don’t panic ! Just terminate the Odin, disconnect the tab from PC, remove battery, reinsert it, connect it to the PC & do the procedure again.
- Disconnect the tab from Computer.
- Now you have to boot into the recovery mode. To boot in recovery mode, press & hold Volume up + Home button + Power key until it appears.
- In recovery mode use Volume up/down button to highlight the option & power key to select the same. Now select wipe data/factory reset to wipe the data from phone memory & wipe cache partition to wipe generated caches.
- After wiping the data & caches, select reboot system now to restart the tablet.
- It will take some time to restart the tab than the usual.
If you followed all the instructions properly, your device will be running the latest ICS 4.0.4 UELPL firmware. To check Android version, select Settings -> About Tablet. Do let us know how it is working for you & if you have got any difficulties regarding the procedure, comment it below, we will try our best to sort out the same.