Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 has Now made available in 28 countries and is the biggest hit amongst all smartphones released in year 2012. XDA Senior Developer Chainfire has already made rooting & Custom Clockwork Recovery Package For Galaxy SIII Remotely. Those Who Have Rooted or Installed Custom Recovery Made By Chainfire Or Those Who Want To Update Their Galaxy S3 To Latest Build Can Now Apply This OfficialIndian Firmware Update of ICS 4.0.4 XXALE8. In India Galaxy SIII I9300 is Directly Shipping With This Firmware Update. For Those Users Who Want Their Galaxy SIII As They Have Unboxed It, for Them This Update is Also Available Through Kies. You Can Also Keep This Firmware Update As A Backup in Case If You Want To Flash It Manually.
Now We Will See That How Can You Upgrade/Downgrade Your Galaxy SIII I9300 With Official ICS 4.0.4 XXLE8 Manually Via Odin Flash Tool (Official Firmware Updating Tool Released By Samsung) By Following The Procedure Given Below.So Lets Head To The Rest of This Article Where We will be Checking,
- Essential Steps Before Upgrading/Downgrading Firmware.
Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300 With ICS 4.0.4 XXALE8.
Disclaimer : We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be), Neither We nor Samsung Electronics Ltd. will Be Held Responsible For It.
Essential Steps Before Upgrading/Downgrading Firmware:
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned in Essential Steps Before Upgrading/Downgrading Firmware, You are Now Ready to Move to Rest Part of The Article Where We Will be Checking That how to apply ICS 4.0.4 XXALE8 Firmware Update in Samsung Galaxy SII I9300.
Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300 With ICS 4.0.4 XXALE8 :
- Firstly You Need To Download The Two Files Mentioned Below.
Galaxy SIII I9300 ICS 4.0.4 XXALE8 Package. | 744.92 MB
Odin Multi Downloader.
- ExtractGalaxy SIII I9300 ICS 4.0.4 XXALE8 Package Files.Youll Find These Two Files :I9300XXALE8_I9300ODDALE5_I9300DDLE8_HOME.tar.md5 (1188.55 MB) & SS_DL.dll. Ignore SS_DL.dll File As This is Just A Script File Therefore We Dont Need It.
- Turn Off Your Phone & Now Enter Into The Downloading Mode.Downloading Mode Can Be Entered By Holding Power Button + Home Button + Volume Down Button Simultaneously.
- After Entering Into The Downloading Mode, Connect Your Phone To The Computer.
- Now Open Odin Multi Downloader Which You’ve Just Downloaded in Your Computer.By This Time ID:COM Section Should be Turned Yellow.
- Select PDA Tab & Then Choose “I9300XXALE8_I9300ODDALE5_I9300DDLE8_HOME.tar.md5” File (Refer To the Image Given Below).
- Initiate The Process By Pressing Start Button.
- Wait Until Process Overs (Flashing Process Will Be Done Within 5-6 Minutes). As Soon As Process Done, You will See That The ID:COM Section is Turned Green Giving “Pass” Message.
- After Getting “Pass” Message, Disconnect Your Phone From The PC.
- Again Switch Off Your Device.Now You Need To Enter Into The Recovery Mode.Recovery Can be Entered By Holding Middle/Home Button + Volume Up Button + Power Button Simultaneously.Now Press Menu Button To Grey Out The Screen To Make Recovery Mode Finally Appear.
Note: In Recovery Mode, Touch Will Not Work, Therefore Use Volume Up & Down Keys And Menu Button Only.
- As Soon As You Enter Into The Recovery mode, Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset & Wipe Cache Partition.
- Now Simply Reboot Your Device By Pressing “reboot System Now“.
Congratulations !! You’ve Now Successfully Restored Your Phone’s Firmware To The Official ICS 4.0.4 XXALE8.In Case If You Land into The Trouble While Flashing This Firmware, Do Let Me Know In Comments, I Will be Happy To Help You.Also You Can Write Your Reviews About Galaxy SIII I9300 Below.