After Successful Launch of Google’s Android 4.0, Samsung Confirmed ICS Update For Their High End Devices. & Now It has been Released For Galaxy SII I9100 in Previous Month.As Soon As Google Released Source Code of ICS, CM9 Team Started their Work.As we All Know that Cyanogen Team Always Brings Lots of Changes in Their Custom Builds,Most of the Users are Always Ready to Test it.So In rest of this Article We will be Seeing Features,Essential Requirements & Procedure to Update to ICS 4.0.4 Unofficially.
Note: This Update is Not Released by Samsung Mobile Officially.This is Unofficial Port of Cyanogenmod 9 dubbed as “Resurrection Remix ICS”.
In the Due Course of this article We will be checking,
- Whats New in this ROM.
- Essential Steps Before Installing ROM.
- Procedure to Update Galaxy SII I9100 with ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware.
Disclaimer:We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be),We will Not Held Any Responsibility for It.
Whats New in This ICS 4.0.4 v1.3 Update (Changelog):
- Cyanogenmod 9 Kernel
- Many Bugs Fixed
- Reduced ROM Size (Lightweight)
- Settings & All Force Closes Fixed
- Camera Fixed
- Tweaked Framework Files
- Native USB Mass Storage Added
- SMS & Phone App Fixed
- Renewed Whole ROM (From CM9 Sources)
- ICS Updated to 4.0.4
- Based On AOKP Build 31
- Tweaked AOKP ROM Control Settings
- Modded File Manager
- Galaxy S-II Settings Added
- Boosted CPU & GPU
- Improved Battery Performance
- Improved System Performance
- APEX launcher
- Tweaked Wi-Fi For Fast Browsing
- GPS Accuracy Fixed
- Performance Improvement in Phone Dialer
- Tweaked .jar Files
- Improved ICS AOKP Experience
Caution: This Update is Applicable Only For Galaxy SII I9100,& Not For it’s Other Variants.
Essential Steps Before Installing ROM:
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging .
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 60% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned in Essential Steps Before Installing ROM, You are Now Ready to proceed on Next Page where we will check how to apply this Firmware Update in your phone.
Procedure to Update Galaxy SII I9100 with ICS Android 4.0.4 v1.3 Firmware:
Before Proceeding, Your Device Must be Rooted & should Have Custom Recovery Image in it. As without having rooted And Custom recovery installed,you cannot apply this update of ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware.
Tip: For the Users who are Already on Custom ROM, It is Highly Recommended that You Must Have ICS CF-Root Adaptation Kernel Installed So As to Function This ROM Properly.
For Simplicity We Have Divided this Process in Two simple Steps.
Step 1 (Rooting & Installation of CWM) :
For Rooting & Installation of Custom Recovery Package i.e., Clockworkmod Recovery(CWM),Follow the Procedure Given Below:
- Firstly You Need to Download Following Two Files
Odin Multi Downloader.
- For Downloading Second File,First Check Your Kernel Version,For this Go to “Settings->About Phone->Kernel Version”. After Checking Your Kernel Version Match it with Following CF-Root Kernels.(For e.g.If Your Device is Showing “126.96.36.199-I9100XXKG1-CL349526″ as Kernel Version.Then First Try to Mat Bold & Underlined Part i.e.KG1 Because It Matters Most.If You Find KG1 as Kernel,then You’ll need to Download “CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_KG1-v4.1-CWM4.zip“.)
- If You Are on Stock Gingerbread Firmware then Match & Download Kernel From Following:
- If You Are on Stock ICS Firmware then Match & Download Kernel From the Following:
CF-Root-SGS2_XX_XEO_LPQ-PROPER-v5.4-CWM5.zip (Use Also For LPE)
Note: If You didn’t Find Your Device’s Kernel Listed Above, Just Post a Comment in Comment Section,I will Try to Update the Post As Soon As Possible.
- Now Open odin3_v1.85.exe which You Have Already Downloaded in Your Computer.Check the PDA Tab in Odin Multi Downloader.Place “CF-Root-xxx-vX.X.zip” File in PDA Tab (Which You’ve Downloaded Just Now from Above CF-Root Kernel List). Now Switch Off Your Device.And Enter Into the Downloading Mode.Downloading Mode Can be Entered By Holding Volume Down+Power Button+Menu Button Simultaneously.
- Now Connect Your Device which You Have Already Put in The Downloading Mode.Odin will Turn Yellow.Then Press Start Button.Wait Until Odin Shows Blue Pass.(This Will take Hardly 5 Minutes).
- As Soon as Device Passed,Restart Your Phone & You will Observe that Two Applications named as CWM Manager & Super User are Installed.It Means Your Device is Now Rooted & Has Custom Recovery Installed.
Now On Next Page of this Article We will See How to Install ICS 4.0.4 Beta 10 Using Custom Clockwork Mod Recovery.
Step 2: Download the two Files Mentioned Below in your computer As We will Require it in Due Course of Article.
- Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 ICS 4.0.4 v1.3.zip
- Google Apps For Galaxy SII I9100
- As soon As you download the above files, you then need to connect your Device to the PC using the USB Cable. After Connecting your Device to PC select USB Mass Storage on your Phone & then Copy down “Resurrection-Galaxy-SII-ICS-4.0.4-v1.3.zip” to your phone.
- After Transferring the File to Your Phone, disconnect the phone from the computer and then Switch Off the phone so that you can then Enter into the Recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by Holding Center button+Power Button Simultaneously Until Recovery Mode Appears.
- In the recovery mode, you need to select the option of install zip from SD card and then choose zip from SD Card after which you will see the list of files which are there in the phone. then Locate “Resurrection-Galaxy-SII-ICS-4.0.4-v1.3.zip” which You Have Copied Earlier.Install It.It will take 3-5 minutes for Installation.Again in the Recovery Mode itself, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition.
- Now Flash The Google Apps Which You’ve Downloaded Earlier By Following The Same Procedure Mentioned Above.
- It will take around 10-12 minutes for the whole process of update to get completed. Once the update process is done, the device will be landing up in the recovery mode. Now, select ++++ Go Back ++++ > reboot system now so that the device will restart successfully.
So as soon as the firmware updated successfully, the device will be rebooted and there you go you have now successfully updated the Latest Version of ICS 4.0.4 v1.3 Update.(You can Check it by Settings->About Phone). Do let me know just in case if you face any issues post it in the comments section below, I will try to fix it as soon as Possible.