Samsung launched its new flagship device in two variants. One is international variant (GT-I9500) and other is (GT-I9505). Both the variants of Galaxy S4 have almost same specifications except the processor. International variant of Galaxy S4 features Samsung’s own Exynos 5 Octa processor whereas LTE variant features Snapdragon 600 processor.
Samsung Galaxy S4 ships with Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean OS on-board. Few days back, 1st firmware of Galaxy S4 I9500 appeared on the web. And now, LTE firmware is available. This firmware has a build number XXUAMDM and it is released for Germany.
In Germany, Galaxy S4 LTE is shipped with XXUAMDM update but you can use this firmware as a backup, so that you can downgrade / re-flash /factory reset your phone anytime you want.
In further article, we’ll discuss on how to update / downgrade / factory reset your Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 to Android 4.2.2 XXUAMDM Jelly Bean firmware.
Disclaimer : Steps mentioned in this article are considered as risky & can cause damage to your phone. You should not try to attempt these things unless you are aware of it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage caused to your device while following this tutorial, we should not be held liable for it.
The given article is strictly intended for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 (LTE variant). Using this guide on any other model or variant (of S4 even I9500) might give you undesired results. Your device may get bricked by doing so.
- Charge your Galaxy S4 up to 75% battery level.
- It is highly recommended to backup all your data from internal storage memory (includes contacts, messages (SMS/MMS), call logs, Internet APNs etc.). Your phone data will vanish after installation of this firmware (excluding External storage like SD card).
- Samsung device drivers must be installed on your computer in order to make the phone recognized by it (PC). You can install the same by installing Samsung Kies. To download it manually, click here. OR Download appropriate (according to Windows, you’re running) device drivers directly from below mentioned links:
- Windows 32 bit x86 drivers
- Windows 64 bit x64 drivers
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE to Android 4.2.2 XXUAMDM Jelly Bean Firmware:
- Download Odin Multi Downloader v3.07 (Firmware flashing Program) & Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Package from the links mentioned below :
- Odin Multi Downloader v3.07
- Download Android 4.2.2 XXUAMDM for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE
- Extract firmware package (.zip file) to any convenient location on your PC. You’ll find a file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Now, turn off the phone completely. Enter into download mode. For doing the same, press & hold Volume down + Home button (Middle one). While holding both buttons, simply press Power key till you see the warning message appeared on your phone screen. Press Volume up to continue. Finally you’ll see the construction Android robot & a yellow triangle, that means your device has entered in download mode.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader tool on your Computer which you’ve just downloaded & connect the phone using USB cable.
- If your phone is connected successfully, youll see that the ID:COM section (located at top left) is turned blue with a random COM port number appeared below it (If your ID:COM box doesnt turn out to be blue, don’t worry. Just install Samsung drivers using the link mentioned in Pre-requisites).
- In Odin, select PDA tab & choose “I9505XXUAMDM_I9505OXAAMDM_I9505XXUAMDM_HOME.tar.md5″ file. Keep all the remaining options as they are & make sure that Re-Partition box is not ticked.
- Finally hit Start button to initiate the flashing process of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware on your Galaxy S4 LTE. Wait until Odin finishes its task. When flashing process gets done, Odin will display the ‘Pass’ message above ID:COM (with the Green background color) & device will restart automatically.
- Unplug the device from Computer.
- Now you will need to factory reset the phone in order to avoid boot loops & malfunctioning of the phone.
- To factory reset, youll have to boot in the recovery mode. The same can be achieved by following some simple steps.
- Switch off the phone (you can do this by removing battery or pressing power button).
- Press & hold Volume up + Home button together & then press Power key. You can release Power button as soon as Samsung logo appears.
- Your device is now booted into recovery mode.
- Since touch wont work in recovery, use Volume up/down & power key only for navigation & selection respectively.
- Now highlight Wipe data/factory reset by using Volume buttons & select it using power key. The same you have to do with Wipe Cache.
- After getting done with all these things, select reboot system now option to restart the phone.
- You may see that the phone is taking a long time to boot than usual but dont worry it’s normal & this is for the first time only.
That’s it! You’ve successfully installed Android 4.2.2 XXUAMDM Jelly Bean firmware on your Galaxy S4 LTE. Report us how it is working for you. Feel free to ask any doubt in comment section below, we will try our best to answer you as quick as possible.