Samsung is currently at the top in the mobile market. Their flagship devices are just getting better and better. And behind this success you can definitely say that the key is that with their medium and low range models they have reached to common man. With their wide variety of devices you can enjoy Android in affordable prices.
After S3 they released a variant of S3 with a bit low specifications and affordable price and they continued with this trend in case of S4 releasing S4 mini.Galaxy S3 Mini as they say “Small in size. Big on performance” is basically smaller version of Galaxy S3
This bite-sized cousin of Samsung Galaxy S3 comes with basic S3 features such as best photo, smart stay, S Suggest, S voice etc. however having smaller screen, less processing power and 5 MP camera instead of 8 MP of S3.
Along with its big brother S3 Mini has also got update to official update to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and it is loaded with tons of new features. The article given below will help you with manually updating your Galaxy S3 Mini to official 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Disclaimer:The article which you are going to read below is considered as risky and can cause damage to your device. Read the article completely and follow all the steps at your own risk. Do not go for it if you are not aware of all these thingsFor any damage cause to your device due to this method, we or developer cannot be taken guilty or responsible.
This guide is applicable only forGalaxy S3 Minihaving model numberI8190. Trying it on other variants of S3 or on any other device, can cause damage to your phone.
Before proceeding for main procedure these are some steps which you have to follow.
- Charge thebattery of your device at least up to 75% so as to have uninterrupted procedure.
- In this process if anything goes wrong then there ispossibilitythat you may loose your personal data like SMS/MMS, Contacts, APN settings etc. So better you take backup of all these from backupsoftwares.
- You are required to use USB debugging mode on your Phone, to do so device specific drivers must be installed on your computer. Drivers can be installed along with Samsung Kies software.Hereis the link to download and install it manually.
Procedure to Upgrade Galaxy S3 Mini with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMB3 Firmware:
- Links to download flashing program (Odin Multi Downloader v3.07) & Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Package are given below:
- Odin Multi Downloader v3.07
- Android 4.1.2 XXAMB3 for Galaxy S3 Mini
- Once you have downloaded both the files on your PC, extract Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Package. After extraction is finished youll find a file having extension.taror.tar.md5. You will need this file in further process. You are going to flash this file on your phone via Odin.
- Now turn off your Device. In Samsung phones, to manually flash the official firmwares they have provided a downloading mode. So you have to enter downloading mode first. To do so Press and HoldHome Key+Volume Down key amd then press Power KeyButton for 2 seconds until warning screen appears. Then pressVolume Down key to continue todownloading mode.
- Once you are in the downloadingmode, youll see “Downloading..” text in yellow. Connect your device to PC via USB cable keeping your device in downloadingmode.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader software whichyou’vejust downloaded along with JB firmware. If your device is properly connected then youll see that the ID:COM section has been turned blue. If not check that you have installed device specific drivers properly or install Kies.
- In Odin software, select PDA tab & choose the firmware file which you have extracted from downloaded zip file.
Important!!Don’t make any other changesin Odin software except for selecting the required file as given in above step. Keep all other options as they are. And do not check Re-partition box even by mistake.
- You are done, Now simply press Start button to begin the flashing process. It will not take more than 6-7 Minutes to finish with the flashing procedure.
- After installation procedure in Odin is over, ID:COM section will turn Green & will show Pass in the box above ID:COM section.
Important!!If Odin gets stuck at any step after you hit the start button and seems to be not responding or if you get FAIL message in Odin after completion of process this is what you have to do. Disconnect your device from computer and close the Odin. Remove the battery of your phone and re-insert it. Then again go to downloading mode and repeat the procedure.
- Detach your phone from PC.
- Procedure isn’t complete yet.Turn your device off again. Now you need to enter into Recovery mode. The same can be entered by HoldingVolume Up + Homesimultaneously and then press Power Button for about 5 seconds. UseVolume Up/Down keysto navigate options in recovery &Power buttonto select them.
- To avoid your device from going into bootloop, in the Recovery mode, selectwipe data/factory reset&wipe cache partition.
- After wiping data, select reboot system now to Restart the phone. Usually first boot take some time after flashing firmware so be patient. As soon as device gets rebooted successfully , youll land in All new Home Screen.
Aaha!! Now you are running official Android 4.1.2 on your Galaxy S3 Mini. Being official it shoud work totally fine but still if you have any issues please report through comments. We assure you that we will try our best to solve it.