Everysector in the field of technology is having a rapid developments and advancements. Things you use today become old fashioned very soon. Same is the case of mobile networks. Now after 2G and 3G internet services there is now 4G available in the market.4G is also called LTE which means long term evolution.
This LTE services provide internet speeds you never could have imagined. Though this services are not used that widely by people around the globe. Also it is not available in all the countries. And that’s why all the leading phone companies release their international versions of flagships not with LTE. And LTE versions are separately released in respective countries in which LTE services are provided.
LTE version of Galaxy S3 is released by Samsung having model number I9305. The device was given on board Jelly Bean 4.1.1 but eventually the upgrade of that came. This article will guide you with how to manually install Jelly Bean 4.1.2update on Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE.
Regions supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and UK
Some key features of Android 4.1.2 XXBMA1 Jelly Bean:
1) Multi-Windows Multitasking, like Note 2
2) All new Gallery app
3) CustomizableNotification panel
4) Brightness Slider in Notification Panel can be disabled
5) Smart Rotation (Screen display adjusts according to angle of sightings)
6) Continuous Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
7) Paper Artist app
Disclaimer:The article which you are going to read below is considered as risky and can cause damage to your device. Read the article completely and follow all the steps at your own risk. Do not go for it if you are not aware of all these thingsFor any damage cause to your device due to this method, we or developer cannot be taken guilty or responsible.
This guide is applicable only forGalaxy S3 LTEhaving model numberI9305. Trying it on other variants of S3 or on any other device, can cause damage to your Phone.
Before proceeding for main procedure these are some steps which you have to follow.
- In order to have smoothuninterrupted process you have to charge thebattery of your device at least up to 70%.
- In this process if anything goes wrong then there ispossibilitythat you may loose your personal data like SMS/MMS, Contacts, APN settings etc. So better you take backup of all these from backupsoftwares.
- You are required to use USB debugging mode on your Phone, to do so device specific drivers must be installed on your computer. Drivers can be installed along with Samsung Kies software.Hereis the link to download and install it manually.
Procedure to Upgrade Galaxy S3 LTE with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXBMA1 Firmware:
- Links to download flashing program (Odin Multi Downloader v3.07) & Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Package are given below:
- Odin Multi Downloader v3.07
- Android 4.1.2 XXBMA1 for Galaxy S3 LTEI9305
- Once you have downloaded both the files on your PC, extract Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Package. After extraction is finished youll find a file having extension.taror.tar.md5. You will need this file in further process. You are going to flash this file on your phone via Odin.
- Now turn off your Device. In Samsung phones, to manually flash the official firmwares they have provided a downloading mode. So you have to enter downloading mode first. To do so Press and HoldPower Key +Home Key+Volume Down Buttonsimultaneously until Samsung logo appears on the screen. Then device will go in downloading mode.
- Once you are in the downloadingmode, youll see “Downloading..” text in yellow. Connect your device to PC via USB cable keeping your device in downloadingmode.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader software whichyou’vejust downloaded along with JB firmware. If your device is properly connected then youll see that the ID:COM section has been turned blue. If not check that you have installed device specific drivers properly or install Kies.
- In Odin software, select PDA tab & choose the firmware file which you have extracted from downloaded zip file.
Essential!!Don’t make any other changesin Odin software except for selecting the required file as given in above step. Keep all other options as they are. And do not check Re-partition box even by mistake.
- You are done, Now simply press Start button to begin the flashing process. It will not take more than 6-7 Minutes to finish with the flashing procedure.
- Once installing procedure in Odin is finished, ID:COM section will turn Green & will show Pass in the box above ID:COM section.
Essential!!If Odin gets stuck at any step after you hit the start button and seems to be not responding or if you get FAIL message in Odin after completion of process this is what you have to do. Disconnect your device from computer and close the Odin. Remove the battery of your phone and re-insert it. Then again go to downloading mode and repeat the procedure.
- Detach your Phone from PC.
- Procedure isn’t complete yet.Turn your device off again. Now you need to enter into Recovery mode. The same can be entered by HoldingVolume Up + Volume Down+ Power Buttonsimultaneously. UseVolume Up/Down keysto navigate options in recovery &Power buttonto select them.
- To avoid your device from going into bootloop, in the Recovery mode, selectwipe data/factory reset&wipe cache partition.
- After wiping data, select reboot system now to Restart the phone. Usually first boot take some time after flashing firmware so be patient. As soon as device gets rebooted successfully , youll land in All new Home Screen.
Cheers!! You have done a great job. Now your Galaxy S3 LTE is running official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware. Feel free to tell us how it is working for you. If you have got any doubts, ask it in the commentsbelow. We willdefinitelytry to solve it.