Another Official Firmware Update of ICS 4.0.4 is Now Available For Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. It is Dubbed With XXAF2 As A Build Number & Released For United Kingdom / UK Region. Though Galaxy S3 is Directly Shipping With ICS 4.0.4 XXALF2 In UK, It is Always Better To Keep Backup in Case If You Messed Up With The Current Stock Firmware. You Should Flash This Latest Firmware Update As It is Better To Keep Your Device’s Firmware Up To Date. Users From The Other Region Than UK Can Also Flash This Firmware Update Manually. Now Over The Period of This Article We will Checkout On How To Apply This Update of XXALF2 in Your Galaxy S3.
Let Us Checkout The Things We Will Be Seeing In This Article :
- Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware.
Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 With ICS 4.0.4 XXALF2.
Disclaimer : We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be), Neither We nor Samsung Electronics Ltd. will Be Held Responsible For It.
Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware:
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned in Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware, You are Now Ready to Move to Rest Part of The Article Where We Will be Checking That how to apply ICS 4.0.4 XXALF2 Firmware Update in Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 With ICS 4.0.4 XXALF2 :
- Firstly You Need To Download The Two Files Mentioned Below.
Galaxy SIII I9300 ICS 4.0.4 XXALF2 Package. | 753.49 MB
Odin Multi Downloader.
ICS 4.0.4 XXALF2 Package Info :
PDA : I9300XXALF2
CSC : I9300OXAALF2
MODEM : I9300XXLF2
- ExtractGalaxy SIII I9300 ICS 4.0.4 XXALF2 Package Files.Youll Find These Two Files :I9300XXALF2_I9300OXAALF2_I9300XXLF2_HOME.tar.md5 (1199 MB) & SS_DL.dll. Ignore SS_DL.dll File As This is Just A Script File Therefore We Dont Need It.
- Turn Off Your Phone & Now Enter Into The Downloading Mode.Downloading Mode Can Be Entered By Holding Power Button+Menu Button+Volume Down Button Simultaneously.
- After Entering Into The Downloading Mode, Connect Your Phone To The Computer.
- Now Open Odin Multi Downloader Which You’ve Just Downloaded in Your Computer.By This Time ID:COM Section Should be Turned Yellow.
- Select PDA Tab & Then Choose “I9300XXALF2_I9300OXAALF2_I9300XXLF2_HOME.tar.md5” File (Refer To the Image Given Below).
- Initiate The Process By Pressing Start Button.
- Wait Until Process Overs (Flashing Process Will Be Done Within 5-6 Minutes). As Soon As Process Done, You will See That The ID:COM Section is Turned Green Giving “Pass” Message.
- After Getting “Pass” Message, Disconnect Your Phone From The PC.
- Again Switch Off Your Device.Now You Need To Enter Into The Recovery Mode.Recovery Can be Entered By Holding Middle/Home Button + Volume Up Button + Power Button Simultaneously.Now Press Menu Button To Grey Out The Screen To Make Recovery Mode Finally Appear.
Note: In Recovery Mode, Touch Will Not Work, Therefore Use Volume Up & Down Keys And Home Button Only.
- As Soon As You Enter Into The Recovery mode, Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset & Wipe Cache Partition.
- Now Simply Reboot Your Device By Pressing “reboot System Now“.
Congratulations !! You’ve Now Successfully Update Your Galaxy S3 To The Official ICS 4.0.4 XXALF2. In Case If You Face Any Difficulties While Flashing This Firmware, Do Let Me Know In Comments, I Will be There To Help You.