In our previous article we discussed about leaked firmware update of ICS 4.0.4 which had a build number XXLQ5 & we also told you that Samsung will be releasing 4.0.4 build officially very soon. NowFinally Samsung rolled out ICS 4.0.4 update for Galaxy S2 Officially with the build number XWLPM. This first update is released for Russian region & is available through kies & OTA in Russia. But you need not to be worried. Though you are not from Russia, You can flash it manually & hence we have come up with an article on how to flash this latest build on your SGS2.
Now let us move on further article where we will be checking the following things..
- Essential Steps Before Upgrading Firmware.
- Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 With ICS 4.0.4 XWLPM.
Disclaimer : We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best. In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be), Neither We nor Samsung Electronics Ltd. will Be Held Responsible For It.
Essential Steps Before Upgrading Firmware:
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process. (You need to wipe phone data as soon as process gets over).
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned above, You are Now Ready to proceed to Further Article where we will check on how to apply ICS 4.0.4XWLPM Firmware Update in your phone.
Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 With ICS 4.0.4XWLPM :
- Firstly You Need To Download The Two Files Mentioned Below.
- Galaxy SII I9100 ICS 4.0.4XWLPM Package. | 510.44 MB
- Odin Multi Downloader.
- Extract Galaxy SII ICS 4.0.4XWLPM Package Files. Youll these 2 files mentioned in the image below. (You can delete SS_DL.dll file as it is just a script file & we won’t need it for flashing process).
- Turn Off Your Phone & Now Enter Into The Downloading Mode. Downloading Mode Can Be Entered By Holding Power Key+Home Button+Volume Down Button Simultaneously.
- After Entering Your Phone Into The Downloading Mode, Connect Your Phone To The Computer.
- Now Open Odin Multi Downloader Which Youve Just Downloaded in Your Computer.By This Time ID:COM Section Should be Turned Yellow. If It isnt Then You Need To Install Drivers in Your PC By Downloading Them.
- Now Click on PDA and selectI9100XWLPM_I9100OXELP8_I9100XXLQ6_HOME.tar.md5.
- Keep all the remaining settings as it is. Now Initiate The Process By Pressing Start Button.
- Wait Until Process Overs (Flashing Process Will Be Done Within 5-7 Minutes). As Soon As Process Done, You will See That The ID:COM Section is Turned Green With The Message Pass.
- After Getting Pass Message, Disconnect Your Phone From The PC.
- Again Switch Off the Device. Now You Need To Enter Into The Recovery Mode. Recovery Can be Entered By Holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Button Simultaneously.
Note: In Recovery Mode, Touch Will Not Work, Therefore Use Volume Up & Down Keys And Menu Button Only.
- As Soon As You Enter Into The Recovery mode, Highlight Wipe Data/Factory Reset & Wipe Cache Partition by using volume keys & select them by pressing Home button.
- Now Simply Reboot Your Device By Pressing reboot System Now (Use home button to select).
Congratulations !! Youve Successfully flashed latest build of ICS 4.0.4 XWLPM on your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. Now there are chances that you may come across difficulties while following this procedure. But dont worry, just comment it below. We are always ready to help you out..