There is lot of speculation weather people will get Jelly Bean update for their mobile or not. Even after the release of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, Samsung hasnt announced it for Galaxy S. So dont wait for it because recently one of the famous custom ROMs – AOKP has unveiled JB Milestone 1 update for some devices. And the good news is that it is available for Samsung Galaxy S I9000. This update is incorporated with the latest android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean features.
Lets have a look at some features of AOKP JB Milestone 1:
- Adjustable NavBar width for Tablets
- Allow “Vibrate on Touch” behavior for Slide unlock
- Toggles can be hidden like in ICS – long press on the Settings button!
- Clickable (short & long configurable) Clock and Calendar in the Notification Slider
Further reading will help you to install AOKP JB Milestone 1 custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S I9000.
Disclaimer: The given procedure is considered as risky and may cause damage to your mobile. It is recommended that you should not follow it if you are not familiar with these things. Follow this article at your own risk. We or developers are not responsible for any damage caused to your mobile due to attempting these steps to it.
The given tutorial is applicable only for Samsung Galaxy S bearing model number I9000. Dont implement it to any other mobile or variant else you will get some unwanted result or permanent damage might cause to your mobile.
- Ensure that you have charged your mobile at least up to 70% so that installation process wont get interrupted due to lack of battery power.
- It is better to take a backup of all your important personal data such as SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory since it gets vanished during installation.
- The most important thing is that you must have installed Clockworkmod recovery on your mobile. Without any custom recovery you cant flash ROM.
Procedure to install android 4.1.2 AOKP JB Milestone 1 on Samsung Galaxy S I9000:
- First download AOKP JB Milestone 1for Galaxy S.
Click here to download.
- Download Gapps package for Jelly Bean.
Click here to download.
- Connect your mobile to the computer via USB cable and turn on USB debugging mode. Copy both the files to the external memory card. Dont extract it.
- Then disconnect your mobile from computer.
- Now you have to boot your mobile into recovery mode. For this, first switch off your mobile then press and hold volume up + power button + home button simultaneously until you land into CWM recovery. (You can release power button after Samsung logo appears but keep holding other two until recovery mode shows up).
- It is always better to have a backup of current working system. So take a nandroid backup be selecting backup & restore option followed by backup in next step. This backup is saved in external memory.
- Now select wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition for wiping data & cache respectively from the phone memory.
- Next step is actual flashing of ROM. Select install zip from sdcard followed chose zip from sdcard. Navigate to the AOKP ROM file. Confirm it in next step by pressing yes.
- Installation will take few minutes. After successful installation you will see recovery menu again.
- Again Select install zip from sdcard followed by chose zip from sdcard. This time chose Gapps file (gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip). Select yes on next screen for confirmation.
- After successful installation of both the files, select +++++go back+++++ option. Then reboot system now.
Great job! Your Samsung Galaxy S is now running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean via official AOKP JB milestone 1. Do let us know how it is working. You can ask your queries about this. We will try our level best to solve them.
Tip: If you dont like this ROM or you are not comfortable with this ROM, you can easily return back to the previous ROM just by entering into the recovery mode. Then select backup & restore option followed by restore & chose your latest backup to restore.