Its been a long time since the release of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Its latest version 4.1.2 is also unveiled recently. But Samsung hasnt announced any update for Galaxy S. Dont feel upset. Custom ROMs are always ready to help you. One of them is ParanoidAndroid custom ROM. They have developed latest 4.1.2 JZO54K Jelly Bean custom ROM for Galaxy S I9000.
ParanoidAndroid ROMs are known for their User-Interface. Its hybrid user interface gives Tablet like feel to your mobile. This ROM lets you to scale and to project every app, every widget, even system components manually. Butter like smooth interface, Google Now, offline voice typing are some of the features of Jelly Bean also embedded in this latest JZO54K custom ROM.
The simple and easy steps are written in the following article about how to install ParanoidAndroid 4.1.2 JZO54K Jelly Bean custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S I9000.
Disclaimer: The steps given in the following article are considered to be risky and may cause damage to your device. Please do not follow the steps if you are not familiar with these things. We are not responsible if any damage is caused to your device.
This article is written only for Samsung Galaxy S bearing model number I9000. Applying these steps to other models may give you unwanted results.
- Ensure that you have charged your mobile at least up to 70% so that flashing of ROM wont get interrupted due to lack of power.
- During installation process, all data in the mobile gets formatted. So it is recommended to a backup of all important personal data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts to the external memory of your phone.
- Most important thing is that Clockworkmod recovery must be installed on your mobile. Without this you cant flash ROM.
Procedure to install ParanoidAndroid 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S I9000:
- First download ParanoidAndroid 4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S.
- (Click here to download.)
- Also download Google apps package for your mobile.
- (Click here to download.)
- Now connect your mobile to PC and enable mass storage mode. Copy both the files which you have downloaded to the external memory.
- Disconnect your mobile from PC. Next we have to boot into the recovery mode. For that press & hold volume up + home button + power button simultaneously until you land into the recovery mode. (You can release power button after Samsung logo appears but keep holding other two until recovery mode shows up)
- Now we have to take a nandroid backup of current system. For doing this, select backup & restore option from recovery menu followed by backup on next screen. This nandroid backup gets saved in the external memory of your mobile.
- You will return back to recovery menu. Now select wipe data/factory reset followed by wipe cache partition to wipe all the data & caches respectively from the phone memory.
- Select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard. Chose ParanoidAndroid zip file from the external memory. Select yes for flashing it.
- After successful installation you will return to the recovery menu.
- Again select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard. This time select Gapps file and click yes to install it.
- After successful installation of both files select +++++Go back+++++ followed by reboot system now.
Good job! Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean via ParanoidAndroid is running on your Samsung Galaxy S I9000.
Tip: If you dont like this ROM or you are not comfortable with this ROM, you can easily return back to the previous ROM just by entering into the recovery mode. Then select backup & restore option followed by restore & chose your latest backup to restore.