It’s always difficult to find right custom ROM for a smartphone like Galaxy S i9000. And after the launch of the latest Android 4.4 KitKat, there are several custom ROMs developed running on this same android version. This time we have come up with the most well known custom ROM called Resurrection Remix especially for Galaxy S i9000. This ROM will bring you a unique experience with its huge amount of customization and features. It is based on AOSP Android 4.4.2 and has a combo features from CM, AOKP, PA, Omni and original Remix ROM builds. This definitely gives you a combination of performance, customization and new features. All the thank goes to CM team, Kang AOKP team, Omni team, Slim ROM, Cyberboob and BigDenn. You can check out some of its features listed below.
- Added preference for Edge Gesture service.
- Updated all translations.
- Updated lockscreen blur added Redius option.
- Show live wallpaper in recents view on high-end devices.
- Added RR style status bar clock font.
- Updated pb wallpapers.
- Fixed volume panel more button transparency.
- Updated camera overlays.
- Fixed front camera video record.
- Newly added User custom progress bar Setting.
- Configurable up to user (LTE or 4G).
- LS Notifications: Added Custom Background color.
- New LockScreen notifications by AOSPAL.
- Added 5 status bar clock font style.
- Statusbar clock customisation options.
- Make fit active display lockscreen layout.
- USbDebuggingManager: Fixed multiple NPEs toggling USB debugging.
- Fixed memory leak in PatchCache.
- Fix up Wifi Display tile for screencasting.
- Renamed WiFiDisplay to RemoteDisplay.
- Added support for translucent volume panel.
- Updated navigation buttons for pitch black.
- Updated pull down notification panel for pitch black.
- Lot of media and sound fixes.
- Added back vibrator intensity option.
- Kernel updates.
Disclaimer: The steps given are considered to be of much risk and even a slight change can damage your device permanently. If anything happens to your device by following this article although the chances are least then only you will be responsible for that. So it is highly recommended to read and follow all the given steps properly without attempting anything by your own.
This update must be applied only on Samsung Galaxy S model number GT-I9000. Flashing this on any other device can brick the phone or may result into unwanted results. So make sure that you have the same device as mentioned above. You can verify that from Homescreen–> Menu–>Settings –> About Phone.
- It is always better to charge the battery of your device at least up to 70% so you’ll have no interruption during the process.
- For improving your battery life, you may follow our guide:
- How to Improve Battery Life of an Android Device (Tips).
- There is always a risk to lose those personal or important data including your contacts, SMS/MMS, APN settings, memos and call logs etc. on PC for safety. This is very much essential as everything gets wiped in the last step of procedure. Refer our article for the same:
- How to Backup Android Contacts and Text Messages (SMS/MMS).
- How to backup Call logs & APNs from your Android Device.
- How to backup Notes and Memos for an Android device.
- Ensure that you have a custom recovery like Clockworkmod recovery or TWRP is installed on your device. If you haven’t installed it yet, then do that immediately since it is must for installing CM 11 Custom ROM.
- Download the Resurrection Remix ROM from the given link below:
- Click here to download.
- Download the Google Apps containing Gmail, Play store, Gtalk, maps etc. from the given link below:
- Click here to download.
- After successfully downloading these files transfer them on your device using USB cable. Remember not to extract them.
- Disconnect mobile from PC and switch it off completely. Now you need to enter into recovery mode which can be entered by holding Volume Up + Volume down +Power button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- After entering into recovery mode make a nandroid backup of your current ROM. This nandroid backup which is the backup of your whole operating system can be properly done by following our guide:
- How to Backup whole ROM/Firmware via Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery.
- Let’s proceed to the actual process of installing the Resurrection Remix ROM. So return to the main menu of recovery and navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card’ option & on the next page select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option. This will show all the data present on SD card. Just select the ROM package file which you’ve transferred earlier. On the next page select ‘Yes’ to confirm the installation. This will start the actual flashing process and will last for 5-10 min. Be patient until it completes.
- Now navigate to the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ option from the recovery mode itself. This will clear the data and cache present on your phones memory which will in turn help in solving the boot loop issue.
- Use the same procedure that is given above for flashing Google Apps. But don’t attempt the last step of wiping data after installing these Google Apps.
- Restart your device by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option from recovery mode. This first boot will take more time to start than usual.
Yoyo! After restarting, you’ll see that Resurrection Remix ROM based on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat has been successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000. Verify the same from Home screen-> Settings-> About device. Do tell us your views & experience after using this ROM. If you face any problem while going through the procedure mentioned above then without hesitating inform us through the comment section given below.
Note: If you want to restore your previous Rom then you can easily do that by simply going back to the Recovery mode again through the steps mentioned above and select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on next screen select ‘Restore’.