Samsung Galaxy Note is the first mobile in phablet range. With its high performance, big screen and stunning look, it has become popular amongst the people. It has already upgraded to Android 4.0 ICS from Android 2.3 Gingerbread. But since the release of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, Note users are wanted to see JB running on their smartphones. And the good news is that Samsung has announced the update for Galaxy Note. The official XXLSA Jelly Bean firmware is now available for the phablet.
This official firmware has the features like butter-like smooth interface, offline voice typing, Google now, voice search, HTML5, chrome browser, face unlock, new notification bar, multi view etc. Everything in Jelly Bean is fast and smooth. Thats why it is most popular in the Android world.
Since the firmware mentioned above is leaked one it might contain few bugs. Still it works better. The further reading of article will help you to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Disclaimer: The procedure mentioned ahead is considered as risky and might be harmful to your mobile. It is suggested that you shouldnt follow this tutorial if you are not aware of this. Follow all the steps at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damage caused to your mobile after implementing these steps.
This firmware update is strictly intended for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. Implementing it to any other model or variant can cause savior damage to it.
- Charge your mobile at least up to 70% so that there will not any interruption due to low battery during firmware installation.
- It is better to take a backup of all important personal data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory since it gets wiped.
- Mobile drivers must be installed on your PC. If you have installed Kies, then you dont need to install it separately.
Procedure to upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean:
- Download Odin 3.07 from the link given below:
- Click here to download.
- Also download Android 4.1.2 XXLSA firmware on computer. Extract that file.
- Click here to download.
- Now switch off your mobile and boot it into downloading mode. For that press & hold volume down + power button + home button simultaneously until you see Downloading message on mobile screen.
- Connect mobile to PC via USB cable.
- Launch Odin software on PC which you have installed earlier. One of your ID: COM box turns yellow when your phone gets properly connected. If this doesnt happen then make sure that you have installed proper drivers on PC.
- For flashing the firmware, click PDA button and selectCODE_N7000XXLSA_549786_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5 file.
- Click PHONE and select MODEM_N7000XXLSA_REV_05_CL1222228.tar.md5 file.
- Click CSC and select CSC_OXA_N7000OXALSA_549786_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
- Check Auto Reboot and F. reset time. Dont click anywhere else.
- Click on Start button in Odin to start flashing the firmware. Installation of firmware will take few minutes. After successful installation your mobile will be rebooted automatically showing pass message in Odins message box.
- However, if your mobile gets stuck or you get the fail message on screen then exit the Odin, disconnect your mobile from computer, remove battery and re-insert it and follow the above procedure again.
Nice work!! Your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 is now running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Tell us how it is working. If you have any doubts regarding the procedure ask us freely. We will try our level best to solve them.