Samsung has recently released the list of devices which will receive Android 4.2.2 update in future. And Galaxy Note is one of them. But right now Samsung is rolling out Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean updates for the respective devices.
As a result XXLSZ Jelly Bean firmware is recently released for Galaxy Note N7000 especially for Germany and Netherlands. Still people in the other countries can also update it. The features like Smooth user-interface (thanks to project butter), Google now are present in it along with Samsung’s latest Touch-wiz nature UI. It has also got the new notification bar, two home screens modes and few widgets from Galaxy S3.
Such and many other new features you will get in this XXLSZ Jelly Bean firmware. So follow the further article to install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
Disclaimer: The procedure given in the following tutorial is considered as risky and can cause damage to your mobile if not properly followed. It is requested that you should not follow them if you are not aware of all these things. Follow all the steps completely at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damage cause to your mobile after implementing these steps.
This official Jelly Bean update is strictly meant for Samsung Galaxy Note with model number N7000. Any attempt to flash it on any other model or device might give you some unwanted result.
- Dont forget to charge your mobile at least up to 70% in order to avoid any interruption due to low battery.
- You should take a backup of all important personal data on your phone like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory since it all gets wiped during installation.
- Mobile drivers must be installed on your computer.
Procedure to upgrade Samsung Galaxy note N7000 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (XXLSZ firmware):
- First download Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLSZ firmware for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
XXLSZ firmware for Note N7000 | Size: 808.3 MB
- Also download Odin3.07 which is a tool used to flash official firmware on mobile. Extract and install it on the computer.
- Now extract GT-N7000_DBT_N7000XXLSZ_N7000OXALSZ_N7000XXLSO.zip file on your computer.
- Switch off the mobile and boot it into recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + Home button + Power button simultaneously until it vibrates and shows Downloading message on screen.
- By that time launch Odin3.07 which you have installed earlier. Connect mobile to PC. You will get Added!! message in Odin’s message box and one of the ID:COM section turns blue indicating mobile is connected properly mobile.
- If you don’t get such message, make sure that you have installed proper mobile drivers.
- Click PDA button and select GT-N7000_DBT_N7000XXLSZ_N7000OXALSZ_N7000XXLSO.tar.md5 file.
- Ensure that Auto-Reboot and F.Reset Time is checked. Dont click anywhere else in the Odin.
- Now hit the Start button to initialize the installation procedure.
- It will take few minutes for installation and finally your mobile gets rebooted automatically showing pass message in Odin’s message box.
- However due to some reason if you get fail message in message box. Don’t worry. Remove and re-insert battery and repeat the above procedure again.
- In order to avoid boot loops you need to wipe data and cache partition.
- For that switch off the device and press volume up + power button + home button simultaneously until mobile vibrates. And recovery mode will appear in front of you.
- Since touch won’t work here, you have to use volume keys for navigation.
- Select wipe data/factory reset by using home button. After that select wipe cache partition.
- After doing all these things select reboot system now.
Well done! Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is now running on your mobile through XXLSZ firmware. Do share your views about this update. Ask your queries through comments. We will try our level best to solve them.