Now the next device on Samsung’s list on Jelly Bean update is Galaxy Music. They have started pushing updates from last year starting from high end to low end devices. Though these users had to wait really long for the update but at last they got the Jelly Bean treat.
Galaxy Music is an economical device having normal features like 3 inch display and single core processor. For this device there are many new features in this update. Samsung has put new TouchWiz Nature UX user interface which is easiest Android UI out now according to them. Plus Galaxy Music users can enjoy Jelly Bean features like actionable notifications, Google Now etc. With this new update device will run faster now and battery life will be enhanced.
Currently this firmware is available for OTA (Over the Air) update in United Kingdom. But people from other countries can update their phones by manual update. The method of manual update is also useful when you are using custom ROMs.
Following article will guide you no how to manually update Galaxy Music to Official Android 4.1.2 firmware.
Disclaimer: The Procedure given in this article is considered as risky and by following it you may have your phone damaged. You should not if you are not aware of these things. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we shouldn’t held responsible for it.
This update of official Jelly Bean firmware is only applicable forSamsungGalaxy Musichaving model numberGT-S6010. Please do nottry it on other variants of the same or on any other device, it can cause unexpected results.
- Charge your phone at least up to 70% battery level so as to have smooth uninterrupted installation.
- It is highly recommended to backup all your data from internal memory (includes contacts, messages (SMS/MMS), call logs, Internet APNs etc.). Your phone data will get lost aftego for itr installation of this firmware (excluding External storage).
- In order to use USB debugging mode on your phone and Odin software, device specific drivers must be installed on your computer. You can install the same by installing Samsung Kies. You can download it manually fromhere.
Procedure to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Music:
- First download Odin Multi Downloader v3.07 & Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware package from the links mentioned below :
- Odin Multi Downloader v3.07
- Download Android 4.1.2 firmware package for Samsung GalaxyMusic
- Extract firmware package (.zip file) to any convenient location on your computer. You will find file having extension either .tar or .tar.md5. This is firmware file which you will be using in Odin.
- Now, switch off the phone completely. You have to flash the firmware by entering into download mode. To do so, press and hold these keys together:Volume Down + Home(OK Button) + Powertill the screen turns on. Then pressVolume Upto enter download mode.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader tool on your Computer which you’ve just downloaded & connect the phone using USB cable.
- If your phone is connected successfully, youll see that the ID:COM section (located at top left) is turned Blue with a random COM port number appeared below it. (If your ID:COM box doesnt turn out to be Blue, don’t worry. You will need to install proper drivers for your device. For installation of drivers, download and install Kies software from link given above in prerequisites or you can manually download device drivers fromhere).
- In Odin, select PDA option & choose firmwarefile which you have extracted out of downloaded zip file. Keep all the remaining options as they are & make sure that Re-Partition boxis notchecked.
- Press Start button to initiate the flashing process of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Music. When flashing process finishes successfully, youll get Pass message with the Green background above COM port & device will restart automatically.
- Detach the device from Computer.
- Now you will need to factory reset the phone in order to avoid boot loops & malfunctioning of the phone.
- To factory reset, youll have to boot in the recovery mode. The same can be achieved by following some simple steps.
- Switch off the phone (you can do this by removing battery or pressing power button).
- Press & holdVolume up + Home buttontogether & then pressPower key. You can release Power button as soon as Samsung logo appears.
- Your device is now booted into recovery mode.
- Since touch wont work in recovery, use Volume up/down & power key only for navigation & selection respectively.
- Now highlightWipe data/factory resetby using Volume buttons & select it using power key. The same you have to do withWipe Cache.
- After getting done with all these things, selectreboot system nowoption to restart the phone.
- You may see that the phone is booting slowly than usual but dont worry it’s normal & this is for the first time only.
You did it. Now official Android 4.1.2 firmware is installed on your Samsung Galaxy Music. Now enjoy all the latest Jelly Bean features. Feel free to ask your doubts regarding the procedure via comments. We will try to solve them.