Samsung Galaxy Grand has become choice of many people because of its eye catchy look. Since it has 5” inches screen & Galaxy S3 like shape, people are getting attracted towards it. Moreover, in some countries like India, Samsung has launched the dual SIM variant of Galaxy Grand viz, Galaxy Grand Duos GT-i9082. Samsung has blessed this device with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS. Samsung always keep their devices up to date. Thanks to Samsung for time to time updating Galaxy Grand Duos too.
The new update of Android 4.1.2 XXAMC5 firmware has been rolled by Samsung, for Grand duos. As we can see, it’s not an upgrade but just a firmware improvement. XXAMC5 firmware is particularly rolled out Indian region. It is also available through Kies & OTA. But those who are willing to update their Grand Duos to this latest firmware of Android 4.1.2 can also flash it irrespective of the region they belong.
The tutorial given below will help you in updating your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 to Android 4.1.2 XXAMC5 Jelly Bean firmware.
Disclaimer : Steps given in this article are considered as risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt these things if you aren’t aware of it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we should not be held liable for it.
The given article is strictly intended for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos having model number GT-I9082. Using this guide on any other model or variant (of Grand Duos i.e, I9080) might give you undesired results. Your device may get bricked by doing so.
- Charge your device up to 75% battery level.
- It is highly recommended to backup all your data from internal storage memory (includes contacts, messages (SMS/MMS), call logs, Internet APNs etc.). Your phone data will vanish after installation of this firmware (excluding External storage like SD card).
- Samsung device drivers must be installed on your computer in order to make the phone recognized by it. You can install the same by installing Samsung Kies. To download it manually, click here. OR Download device drivers directly from below:
- Windows 32 bit x86 drivers
- Windows 64 bit x64 drivers
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 with XXAMC5 Jelly Bean Firmware (Android 4.1.2):
- Download Odin Multi Downloader v3.07 (Firmware flashing Program) & Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Package from the links mentioned below :
- Odin Multi Downloader v3.07
- Download Android 4.1.2 XXAMC5 for Galaxy Grand Duos
- Extract firmware package (.zip file) to any convenient location on your computer. You’ll find a file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Now, switch off the phone completely. Enter into download mode. For doing the same, press & hold Volume down + Home button (Middle one). While holding both buttons, simply press Power key till you see the warning message appeared on your phone screen. Press Volume up to continue. Finally you’ll see the construction Android robot & a yellow triangle, that means your device has entered in download mode.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader tool on your Computer which you’ve just downloaded & connect the phone using USB cable.
- If your phone is connected successfully, youll see that the ID:COM section (located at top left) is turned blue with a random COM port number appeared below it (If your ID:COM box doesnt turn out to be blue, don’t worry. Just install Samsung drivers using the link mentioned in Pre-requisites).
- In Odin, select PDA tab & choose “I9082XXAMC5_I9082ODDMB2__I9082XXAMA9_HOME.tar.md5″ file. Keep all the remaining options as they are. Just make sure that Re-Partition box is not ticked.
- Finally hit Start button to initiate the flashing process of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on your Galaxy Grand Duos. Sit back & relax until Odin finishes its task. When flashing process gets done, Odin will display the Pass message above ID:COM (with the Green background color) & device will restart automatically.
- Unplug the device from Computer.
- Now you will need to factory reset the phone in order to avoid boot loops & malfunctioning of the phone.
- To factory reset, youll have to boot in the recovery mode. The same can be achieved by following some simple steps.
- Switch off the phone (you can do this by removing battery or pressing power button).
- Press & hold Volume up + Home button together & then press Power key. You can release Power button as soon as Samsung logo appears.
- Your device is now booted into recovery mode.
- Since touch wont work in recovery, use Volume up/down & power key only for navigation & selection respectively.
- Now highlight Wipe data/factory reset by using Volume buttons & select it using power key. The same you have to do with Wipe Cache.
- After getting done with all these things, select reboot system now option to restart the phone.
- You may see that the phone is booting slowly than usual but dont worry it’s normal & this is for the first time only.
Great Job! You’ve successfully updated your Galaxy Grand Duos GT-i9082 to Android 4.1.2 XXAMC5 Jelly Bean firmware.Report us how it is working for you. Feel free to ask any doubt in comment section below, we will try our best to answer you as quick as possible.