Users of Galaxy Grand Duos who are seeking for best Custom ROMs for their device may be happy to know that many finest working ROMs are available now. One of them is GENNXT Custom ROM. As its name suggest, it is Next Generation ROM and is based on the latest Jelly Bean 4.1.2.
Various system tweaks and optimization have been made in this ROM which makes it reduce in lagging delays. Thus it is much stable and faster in performance. It contains much of the mods and ports from Galaxy S3, S4 and Note 2. It is Pre-Rooted with Busybox and Chainfires Superuser for better Rooting experience.
The clockworkmod recovery is updated to 220.127.116.11. Also it is Deodexed and Zipaligned to give you a complete Jelly Bean experience. All the credit goes to XDA developer Balliboxer for developing this ROM. Lets look out some of its features now.
- Init.d Support, Init.d Tweaks, Build.prop Tweaks for improving Performance
- Inbuilt Note 2 video player with live thumbnails
- Note 2 Motion Quick Glances
- Galaxy S4 lockscreen with flare effect, S4 Weather widget, S4 contacts app and settings icons
- Stop SMS to MMS auto converting
- SMS hour limit increased with 200 recipients
- Included TW launcher
- Many unnecessary system apps/bloatware are removed
- Camera quality tweaks and flash can be used in low battery as well
- Internal to External inbuilt settings
- Pop Up Browser
- Included Notification panel lockscreen and recent apps
Try this at your own risk. We are not at all responsible for any of the damage caused to your device after following this procedure. Although it is very rare that your device will be damaged but still we highly recommend you to follow all the instructions properly as they are mentioned below.
This article is compatible only and only with Galaxy Grand Duos model number GT-I9082/I9082L. So dont even think of flashing if youre having another device except the one mentioned as your device may get bricked or may result into unwanted outcomes. You must check your devices model number in Settings -> About Phone.
- You must enable the USB Debugging in your device so as to connect your device to PC by following the path given below:
- Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
- Make sure that your device is charged at least up to 80% so that it wont get turn off during the process.
- Also we highly recommend you to backup all your Phone data and settings including contacts, SMS/MMS and call logs etc. before following the given article. You must also note down the internet APNs from Settings-> Wireless and Network -> Mobile Network -> Access Point Names. So that in case you face any trouble during the process your data will be safe and protected.
- You must take a backup of EFS folder which contains your phones IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number. It is highly recommended as in case if this folder gets wiped by mistake then your device will not get the network signal which will result in problems for making or receiving calls. So just copy that folder from the root location of your phones internal partition to your external memory card. (Note: For copying this folder your device must have Root Access).
- You must temporary disable all the security tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as they might interrupt the process.
- You must have custom recovery like CWM installed in your device in order to flash GENNXT Custom ROM. If you havent installed it yet, follow this guide for the same.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 with GENNXT Custom ROM:
- Download the GENNXT CUSTOM ROM from the given link below:
- Click Here to Download (Update: Android 4.2.2 based GENNXT ROM)
- Download the Google Apps from the given link below:
- Click here to Download
- After downloading, connect your device to the PC, enable mass storage mode and transfer these files in the memory card. Ensure that you are not placing them in the deep directories.
- Once this is done switch off your device and enter into the recovery mode. Recovery mode can be entered by holding Volume Up + Home Button (middle button) + Power Button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears. (In Recovery mode use Volume Up and Down key for Navigation and Home Button for Selection).
- It is necessary to make a nandroid backup of your current ROM so that it can be restored back in case of failure. To do so, highlight backup and restore option in the recovery menu, select it and then choose backup to start the backup process.
- Now Select wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition to wipe the data and catches respectively from the phone memory.
- Select install zip from SD card & then choose zip from SD card. It will show all your folders and files on SD card. Now simply select the GENNXT CUSTOM ROM which you have just downloaded and confirm the installation by pressing Yes.
- Rom installation process will complete in just a few minutes. Now as soon as GENNXT CUSTOM ROM gets flashed, again select wipe data/factory reset followed by wipe cache partition.
- Now, follow the same above procedure for flashing Google Apps.
- Restart your device by pressing reboot system now from the Recovery mode itself.
- The new ROM will take more time than usual to restart.
- Note: If you want to restore back your previous Rom you can do that by simply going back to the Recovery mode and select Backup and Restore option and then on next screen select Restore
Yeahh..!! After restarting you will see your device successfully running on GENNXT Custom ROM. Enjoy and experience the ultimate performance of your Smartphone with this ROM. If you face any kind of difficulty while going through this procedure then do let us know in the comments section below. All your suggestions or issues will be pleasingly accepted and an exact solution will be given.
Stay tuned to get more updates and dont forget to like our Facebook page as well as to follow us on Google+.