With A Very Tremendous Efforts AOKP (Android Open Kang Project) Team is Working to Port Android 4.0 (ICS) For The Devices Which Are Not Getting Google’s Latest Android 4.0 (ICS) Update.(AOKP is Also Modding The Stock ICS ROMs For Officially ICS Supported Devices). AOKP Team is Making ICS ROM Smoother & Faster Than Stock ICS ROMs & is Also Updating The Builds According The Latest Sources.
As We All Know Galaxy Ace S5830 is Also not Getting Official ICS Update, But Thanks to The Developers at XDA who Made ICS Porting Possible(As Described in Beta 8 Update.For Galaxy Ace),Though AOKP itself is Not Supporting Galaxy Ace For The Time Being.As Soon As You will Go Through the Features & Rest Other Stuff of This Article You Will Come To Know That There is Much Difference Between AOKP Build & Beta 8 Update Which I ‘ve Previously Posted.
So Let Us Head to the Rest of This Article.
In the Due Course of this article We will be checking,
Changelog Beta 3.
- What’s Not Working.
- Essential Steps Before Installing ROM.
- Procedure to Update Galaxy Ace S5830 with AOKP ROM
Disclaimer: At Samsung Galaxy Series, We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be), Neither We nor Developer will Be Responsible For It.
- Based On AOKP ROM.
- ICS 4.0.x
- Ported AOKP For Galaxy Ace.
- AOKP ROM Customizable Settings.
- Customizable Extended Power Menu.
- Customizable Status Bar.
- Included 61 Languages.
- On Screen Button Support.
- Features 4 Different Lockscreens.
- New System Sounds.
- Latest Google Apps For ICS.
- All AOKP ROM Feature.
Changelog Beta 3:
- Based on AOKP 34 Build.
- Based On CM9 Beta 8.
- Various Bugs Fixed.
- Call Screen Working Properly.
- New Boot Animation.
- Added New Lockscreens.
- For More Details Visit AOKP (Android Open Kang Project) Site.
Whats Not Working:
- Bluetooth (Temporary).
Tip: For the Users who are Already on Custom ROM, They Can Directly Install This Update Through CWM.
Essential Steps Before Installing ROM:
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging .
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
- Your Device Must Be Running Gingerbread 2.3.x ROM. This ROM will not Work on Froyo 2.2.x.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned in Essential Steps Before Installing ROM, you are now ready to proceed further where we will check on how to apply this Firmware Update in your phone.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Ace S5830 with AOKP ROM:
Before Proceeding, you need to Install Custom Recovery Image in Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 as without which you cannot apply this update of AOKP ROM.
- Download the below mentioned Two files in your computer so that you can then make use of the same in the later part of this article.
- Clockwork Mod Recovery 5.zip
- Once you download the above files, you then need to proceed to connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase. Once you do this, you now need to copy the two zip files which you have downloaded in your computer to your phone.
- After copying, disconnect the phone from the computer and then turn Off the phone so that you can then enter into the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP + Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- In the recovery mode, you need to select the option of install zip from SD card and then choose zip from SD Card after which you will see the list of files which are there in the phone. From the list of files, select the file which is named as Clockworkmod.zip.Install Clockwork Mod Recovery.After Installing CWM Recovery.Restart Your Phone And Again Enter into Recovery Mode.Now Choose Install Zip from SD Card.And Locate “AOKP_34_ACE_Beta3.zip” which You Have Copied Earlier.Install It.Again Reboot the System & Enter into the Recovery Mode.
- In the Recovery Mode, select Wipe data/factory Reset.Also you need to select Wipe Cache partition.
- It will take around 10 minutes for the whole process of update to get completed. Once the update process is done, the device will be landing up in the recovery mode. Now, select ++++ Go Back ++++ > reboot system now so that the device is re booted successfully.
So as soon as the firmware updated successfully, the device will be rebooted and Cheers, you have now successfully updated Your Device to Latest Build of AOKP ROM viz., #34.(You can Check it by Settings->About Phone). Do let me know in the comment Section Just in case if you face any issues, I Will Try To Fix It As Soon As Possible.