Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 wont be able to see the official Jelly Bean in few more months. Although the developers of Ace Plus are trying slowly and surely to roll out the official Jelly Bean but due to some hardware specifications it will take a little more time for its release. But till then we have got an un-official Jelly Bean update especially for Ace Plus users.
CyanogenMod 10 is much more stable and bug free than the Nightlies which often contain many bugs and other issues. This ROM is based on the Android version which is 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. It has all the features from Stock Android. If you are not satisfied with the Custom UI of your device, then it might be worth to install this CyanogenMod 10 ROM. It usually focuses on many users rather than the common ones. It is absolutely easy to use and understand and no complicated at all. It offers some pleasant battery improvements which can squeeze a lot more battery life from your device.
With CM 10 you can set the clock speed that your device will run at without any third party app. It is capable of over clocking and under clocking as well. You can edit the DSP settings using which you can get to know how the sound output works with various types of devices attached to your smart phone .You can also improve the screen sensitivity to make your device more responsive.
Additionally there are much more performance tweaks available.
- Many headphone issues are fixed.
- Fixed issues regarding the waking up of device.
- Memory for MDP and ADSP is decreased so as to increase the System RAM.
- Added VR and SIO I/O schedulers
- Added savagedzen, interactivex and smartassv2 CPU governors.
- Added notifications for MTP.
- Bluetooth and Bluetooth tethering working very well.
- Many other minor changes have been done.
We are not liable for any damage caused to your device while flashing the ROM. Although it is very rare that your device will be damaged but still you must follow all the instructions given below.
This article is compatible only and only with Galaxy Ace plus model number S7500. So dont even think of flashing if youre having another device except the one mentioned as it may result into unwanted outcomes. You can check your device model in Settings -> About Phone.
- Firstly enable USB Debugging in your device by the path given below:
- Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
- Make sure that your device is charged at least up to 80% so that it wont get turn off during the process.
- Also you must backup all your important data including contacts, messages, internet APNs etc. so that in case you face any problem during the process your data will be safe and protected.
- You must temporary disable all the security tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as they might interrupt the process.
- You must have custom recovery like CWM installed in your device in order to flash CM 10 ROM.
Procedure to Install CWM Recovery in Galaxy Ace Plus
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 with CM 10 ROM:
- Download the CM 10 ROM from the given link below:
- Click Here to Download
- After downloading, connect your device to the PC, enable mass storage mode and transfer this file in the memory card. Ensure that you are not placing it in the deep directories.
- Once this is done switch off your device and enter into the recovery mode. Recovery mode can be entered by holding Power Button + Home Button + Volume Up + Volume Down Button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears. (In Recovery mode use Volume Up and Down key for Navigation and Home Button for Selection).
- It is necessary to make a nandroid backup of your current ROM so that it can be restored back in case of failure. To do so, highlight backup and restore option in the recovery menu, select it and then choose backup to start the backup process.
- Now Select wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition to wipe the data and catches respectively from the phone memory.
- Select install zip from SD card & then choose zip from SD card. It will show all your folders and files on SD card. Now simply select the CM 10 ROM which you have just downloaded and confirm the installation by pressing Yes.
- ROM installation process will complete in just a few minutes. Now as soon as CM 10ROM gets flashed, again select wipe data/factory reset followed by wipe cache partition and restart your device by pressing reboot system now from the Recovery mode itself.
- The new ROM will take more time than usual to restart.
Note: If you want to restore back your previous Rom you can do that by simply going back to the Recovery mode and select Backup and Restore option and then on next screen select Restore
That’s it..! After restarting you will be happy to see your device successfully running on CM 10 ROM. If you have any suggestions or issues regarding this ROM then please dont hesitate to contact us in the comments section below. We will try our best to clear them.