Today we have got an unofficial Cyanogenmod 10.1 especially for Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500. This ROM gives its best to make your smartphone system run faster. There is nothing complicated in this ROM and everything seems so easy and very straight forward to understand. Even after installing various apps, CM 10.1 doesn’t loose its lightweight, solid and visual appeal. It remains consistent in all aspects.
The main reason for this is that it does not rely on any of the applications running in the background. It offers an almost vanilla like Android UI, using which you can feel a superior Android experience. This is the most widely available ROMs out there.
If customization is your thing, then with CM10.1 you can customize anything and everything with no performance loss. It has one of the best looking and customizable themes available. It has got customization that is often missing in Samsung Mobiles. You will surely find a change in the functionality of your device after installing this ROM.
It offers a lot more in terms of enhanced features. It helps to make the Music client more customizable.
This CM has some unique features that take your device beyond Android.
Disclaimer: We are not liable for any damage caused to your device while flashing the ROM. Although it is very rare that your device will be damaged but still you must follow all the instructions given below.
Compatibility: This article is compatible only and only with Galaxy Ace plus model number S7500. So don’t even think of flashing if you’re having another device except the one mentioned as it may result into unwanted outcomes. You can check your device model in Settings -> About Phone.
- Firstly enable USB Debugging in your device by the path given below:
- Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
- Make sure that your device is charged at least up to 80% so that it wont get turn off during the process.
- Also you must backup all your important data including contacts, messages, internet APNs etc. so that in case you face any problem during the process your data will be safe and protected.
- You must temporary disable all the security tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as they might interrupt the process.
- You must have custom recovery like CWM installed in your device in order to flash CM 10.1 ROM.
- Procedure to Install CWM Recovery in Galaxy Ace Plus
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 with CM 10.1 ROM:
- Download the CM 10.1 ROM from the given link below:
- Click Here to Download (Update: 3 June 2013)
- Click here to Download (gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip)
- After downloading, connect your device to the PC, enable mass storage mode and transfer the 2 files on the memory card. Ensure that you are not placing it in the deep directories.
- Once this is done switch off your device and enter into the recovery mode. The same can be entered by holding Power Button + Home Button + Volume Up + Volume Down Button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears. (In Recovery mode use Volume Up and Down key for navigation and Home Button for selection).
- It is necessary to make a nandroid backup of your current ROM so that it can be restored back in case of failure. To do so, highlight backup and restore option in the recovery menu, select it and then choose backup to start the backup process.
- Now Select wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition to wipe the data and catches respectively from the phone memory.
- Select install zip from SD card & then choose zip from SD card. It will show all your folders and files on SD card. Now simply select the CM 10.1 ROM which you have just downloaded & transferred on your device. Confirm the installation by pressing Yes.
- ROM installation process will complete within few minutes. Now as soon as CM 10.1 ROM gets flashed, again select wipe data/factory reset followed by wipe cache partition.
- Perform the same procedure for installing Google Apps.
- After getting done with the installations, restart your device by pressing reboot system now from the main menu of recovery.
- The new ROM will take more time to start than usual.
Note: If you want to restore back your previous ROM, you can do that by simply going back to the recovery mode and select Backup and Restore option and then on next screen select Restore.
Here you go..! After restarting, you will be pleased to see your device successfully running Cyanogenmod 10.1 custom ROM. If you have any suggestions or issues regarding this ROM then dont hesitate to report us in the comment section below. We will try our best to clear them. Enjoy!