Samsung has not yet launched any Official Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich or Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500 but the developers are trying their very best to support the device with these updates. Till now we have provided many Custom ROMs for Ace Plus with unofficial 4.1 update.
Today we have come up with SlimBean 3.1.0 Custom ROM running on the latest Android 4.1.2. Many of you will be happy as Bluetooth and Wifi are perfectly working in this update as tested by the developers.
As its name says it is super thin as well as smooth in performance. It will bring a full Jelly Bean effect to your device. Also it very light weight and remarkably easy to install, even though its clearly aimed at advanced users. It has a strong theme support, has customizable lock screens, with many new awesome apps added. This ROM is only available for handful of the Smartphones but still the developers add tons of features in it which are updated weekly.
It struck us with its beautiful user interface and how elegant it makes your Smartphone look and feel. All the credit goes to TheWhisp, Camcory and Archildz Raffie who did a lot effort to build this ROM. Lets look out some of its working features.
- Full GPU Acceleration
- Calls, messages, mobile data
- Improved Touch Responsiveness for more Snappier Performance
- Successfully working Wifi
- Proximity Sensor
- GPS Configuration Tweaks
- Mounting of Internal/External storage
- Keypad lights
- Bluetooth tethering
- Brightness control
- Deep sleep
- All sensors
- Hardware Acceleration
- USB tethering
It is light weight, smooth, super fast and definitely worth a look. Just try it once and you’ll love it. Now we will head on to the procedure to flash SlimBean Custom ROM on Galaxy Ace Plus.
Try this at your own risk. We are not at all responsible for any of the damage caused to your device after following this procedure. Although it is very rare that your device will be damaged but still we highly recommend you to follow all the instructions properly as they are mentioned below.
This article is compatible only and only with Galaxy Ace plus model number S7500. So don’t even think of flashing if you’re having another device except the one mentioned as it may result into unwanted outcomes. You can check your device model in Settings -> About Phone.
- Firstly enable USB Debugging in your device by the path given below:
- Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
- Make sure that your device is charged at least up to 80% so that it wont get turn off during the process.
- Also we highly recommend you to backup all your Phone data and settings including contacts, SMS/MMS and call logs etc. before following the given article. You must also note down the internet APNs from Settings-> Wireless and Network -> Mobile Network -> Access Point Names. So that in case you face any trouble during the process your data will be safe and protected.
- You must take a backup of EFS folder which contains your phones IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number. It is highly recommended as in case if this folder gets wiped by mistake then your device will not get the network signal which will result in problems for making or receiving calls. So just copy that folder from the root location of your phones internal partition to your external memory card. (Note: For copying this folder your device must have Root Access).
- You must temporary disable all the security tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as they might interrupt the process.
- You must have custom recovery like CWM installed in your device in order to flash SlimBean ROM.
- Procedure to Install CWM Recovery in Galaxy Ace Plus
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 with SlimBean ROM:
- Download the SlimBean ROM from the given link below:
- Click Here to Download
- Download the Google Apps from the given link below:
- Click here to Download
- After downloading, connect your device to the PC, enable mass storage mode and transfer these files in the memory card. Ensure that you are not placing them in the deep directories.
- Once this is done switch off your device and enter into the recovery mode. Recovery mode can be entered by holding Home Button (middle button) + Volume Up + Volume Down Button + Power Button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears. (In Recovery mode use Volume Up and Down key for Navigation and Home Button for Selection).
- It is necessary to make a nandroid backup of your current ROM so that it can be restored back in case of failure. To do so, highlight backup and restore option in the recovery menu, select it and then choose backup to start the backup process.
- Now Select wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition to wipe the data and catches respectively from the phone memory.
- Select install zip from SD card & then choose zip from SD card. It will show all your folders and files on SD card. Now simply select the CM 10.1ROM which you have just downloaded and confirm the installation by pressing Yes.
- Rom installation process will complete in just a few minutes. Now as soon as CM 10.1ROM gets flashed, again select wipe data/factory reset followed by wipe cache partition.
- Now, follow the same above procedure for flashing Google Apps.
- Restart your device by pressing reboot system now from the Recovery mode itself.
- The new ROM will take more time than usual to restart.
- Note: If you want to restore back your previous Rom you can do that by simply going back to the Recovery mode and select Backup and Restore option and then on next screen select Restore
That’s it for now! After restarting you will be happy to see your device successfully running on Cm 10.1 ROM. Don’t hesitate to give us your ideas or suggestions regarding this ROM in the comment section below. We will try our best to meet your needs.
Stay tuned to get more updates and don’t forget to like our Facebook page as well as to follow us on Google+.