If you are bored or irritated with the same Android look and its working, then MIUI can be a totally new and different experience for you. It comes with a beautiful iPhone like interface, blazing speed, and with various extra features. MIUI fuses all the elements together from Samsungs TouchWiz UI and the iPhones iOS, thus bringing us something that is quite unique.
Actually MIUI is a translated version of Chinese customized version of Android. These ROMs and ports have managed to move from being just a Chinese language and locale, to one of the most downloaded and desirable ROMs and ports out there. This ROM is built and based upon the CM 10 ROM posted a few days back. All the credit goes to thewhisp and nims11.
The main drawback of MIUI is that it directly cannot recognize the SD card. For accessing it you must use file manager with root privileges. The black backgrounds with white text in all of the menus have now become so boring. Compared to that MIUI is clean, beautiful and yes, it looks a bit like iPhone.
It has one of the best looking themes and design of the UI. Its further eye catchy features include navigational elements, beautiful stock apps and smart dialing which make the default Music client more customizable. The Music app offered by this ROM is particularly awesome and uses less memory than the stock music player. With its speed it can make your slow and laggy device a much more usable.
The Lockscreen of MIUI is completely different. You can easily access the messages and missed calls from it. Long press can directly take you to the Dialer window or Messaging applications. If you are playing music, then you can automatically see the music player widget on the lockscreen. Also you can access the flash light by long pressing on home button while locked.
The themes available here can change the look of everything on the device. You can mix up all the elements of any theme to get a unique look. Also how can we forget the contacts application. It is revamped and looks much cleaner. It has multiple lines support for email and web addresses. Long press on Back button can totally quit all the running applications in the background.
This ROM is exceptionally good, bug free and very smooth in performance. MIUI is growing rapidly with over 10 million users worldwide.
Try this at your own risk. We are not at all responsible for any of the damage caused to your device after following this procedure. Although it is very rare that your device will be damaged but still we highly recommend you to follow all the instructions properly as they are mentioned below.
This article is compatible only and only with Galaxy Ace plus model number GT-S7500. So dont even think of flashing if youre having another device except the one mentioned as it may result into unwanted outcomes. You can check your device model in Settings -> About Phone.
- Firstly enable USB Debugging in your device by the path given below:
- Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
- Make sure that your device is charged at least up to 80% so that it wont get turn off during the process.
- Also we highly recommend you to backup all your Phone data and settings including contacts, SMS/MMS and call logs etc. before following the given article. You must also note down the internet APNs from Settings-> Wireless and Network -> Mobile Network -> Access Point Names. So that in case you face any trouble during the process your data will be safe and protected.
- You must take a backup of EFS folder which contains your phones IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number. It is highly recommended as in case if this folder gets wiped by mistake then your device will not get the network signal which will result in problems for making or receiving calls. So just copy that folder from the root location of your phones internal partition to your external memory card. (Note: For copying this folder your device must have Root Access).
- You must temporary disable all the security tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as they might interrupt the process.
- You must have custom recovery like CWM installed in your device in order to flash MIUI ROM.
- Procedure to Install CWM Recovery in Galaxy Ace Plus
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 with MIUI ROM:
- Download the MIUI ROM from the given link below:
- Click Here to Download
- Download the Google Apps from the given link below:
- Click here to Download
- After downloading, connect your device to the PC, enable mass storage mode and transfer these files in the memory card. Ensure that you are not placing them in the deep directories.
- Once this is done switch off your device and enter into the recovery mode. Recovery mode can be entered by holding Home Button (middle button) + Volume Up + Volume Down Button + Power Button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears. (In Recovery mode use Volume Up and Down key for Navigation and Home Button for Selection).
- It is necessary to make a nandroid backup of your current ROM so that it can be restored back in case of failure. To do so, highlight backup and restore option in the recovery menu, select it and then choose backup to start the backup process.
- Now Select wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition to wipe the data and catches respectively from the phone memory.
- Select install zip from SD card & then choose zip from SD card. It will show all your folders and files on SD card. Now simply select the MIUI ROM which you have just downloaded and confirm the installation by pressing Yes.
- Rom installation process will complete in just a few minutes. Now as soon as MIUI ROM gets flashed, again select wipe data/factory reset followed by wipe cache partition
- Now, follow the same above procedure for flashing Google Apps.
- Restart your device by pressing reboot system now from the Recovery mode itself.
- The new ROM will take more time than usual to restart.
- Note: If you want to restore back your previous Rom you can do that by simply going back to the Recovery mode and select Backup and Restore option and then on next screen select Restore.
You deed it! After restarting you will be happy to see MIUI Custom ROM successfully running on your Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus. It you face any type of difficulty during the process then please inform us in the comment section below. We will try to solve them as soon as possible.
Stay tuned to get more updates and dont forget to like our Facebook page as well as to follow us on Google+.