There is huge competition in mobile phone market, every leading mobile company wants to make their products unique. And to achieve that only latest hardware in not enough, so Android phones manufacturing companies provide their add-on UI with stock Android. Each company has their own unique software stuffed with unique features. But even that also makes phones slow many times.
But option of Custom ROMs is always there. Plus based on stock Android ROMs are sleek and smooth compared to firmwares of other companies which include bloatware apps.
Oppo’s flagship device Find 5 is a great device having sleek design and promising TechSpecs. Now many famous ROMs like Cyanogenmod, AOKP, Paranoid Android etc. based on latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean are available. Each of the above Custom ROM is very good and has its own qualities and customizations. But you can enjoy only one at once.
Now PACman ROM is available for Oppo Find 5. So Find 5 users can enjoy unique features of all ROMs, along with latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Read further article to know more about how to install PACman ROM on your own Oppo find 5.
Disclaimer:The following article is considered as risky and can cause damage to your device. Do not follow this article if you are not aware of all these things. Read the article completely and follow all the steps at your own risk. If any damage caused to your device due to this process, we or developers are responsible for your loss.
The given tutorial is applicable only for Oppo Find 5Dont implement it to any other mobile or variant else you will get some unwanted result or permanent damage might cause to your mobile.
- Ensure that you have charged your Nexus at least up to70%so that installation process wont get interrupted due to lack of battery power.
- It is highly recommended to take a backup of all important data like SMS/MMS, APN, contacts etc. since it can be restored back if anything goes wrong during the installation.
- You must have USB drivers installed on your computer. If you haven’t installed it already, you can download & install them manually.
- You must have a custom recovery installed. Custom recovery is a tool which is essential to flash the ROM. Here is the link from which you can install TWRP recovery.
Procedure to Install PAC ROM on Your Oppo Find 5:
- Download custom ROM zip package fromHere.
- Download Google Apps (Gmail, Maps, GTalk, Play Store etc.) from the link given below.
- Google Apps.
- After downloading ROM package & Google Apps, connect your phone to the PC. Enable mass storage mode on it & transfer both the files (without extracting them) on the root directory of internal memory.
- Now You need to enter into recovery mode.
- For booting into recovery mode, press and holdVolume Down + Power buttonsimultaneously until you land into recovery mode.
- As soon as you enter into recovery, make a nandroid backup of your current ROM so that it can be restored back in case of failure. To do so, Highlight backup and restore option in the recovery menu, select it & then choose backup to start the backup process.
- Select wipe data/factory reset & then wipe cache partition to wipe the data & caches respectively from the internal memory. (Caution!Before performing this step ensure that youve taken backup of all these things before as it will erase all the data from internal memory, which includes sms/mms, contacts, reminders, APNs, call logs, apps etc.).
- Then select the option “install zip from sdcard” followed by “choose zip from sdcard” and navigate to the ROM package (which you have copied on internal memory previously) using volume keys. Use power button to select the file and tap on‘Yes’in next step to confirm the installation.
- Once ROM installation is finished follow the same procedure for flashing Google Apps.
- AfterGoogle Apps installation is finished, you will land back into the Recovery. In Recovery select the optionReboot Systemto boot into PAC home-screen. First start may take a bit long but don’t worry that’s normal.
Tip:If you want to go back to previous ROM then boot mobile into recovery mode as you done it previously. Then select backup & restore followed by restore and then select latest backup to restore.
Congrats!! Mixture of Paranoid Android, AOKP and Cyanogenmod i.e PAC Custom ROM based on latest Android 4.2.2 is now up & running on your Oppo Find 5. Now customize your phone as much as you can. And lastly do let us know how the ROM is serving you.