Cyanogenmod Custom ROMs have always been so demanding due to its unique and eye catchy features. The apps and features that it has can enhance and improve the performance of your device which includes powering up speed and even the battery life. The biggest benefit of Custom ROMs is that you can easily customize the internal system settings of your phone.
Followed by the release of Android Jelly Bean 4.3 for Nexus, the team of Cyanogenmod have currently rolled out the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based CM 10.2 ROM for many devices including the LG Optimus L9 P760. Note that this is not an official release by LG. LG has not yet released the official Android 4.3 update for L9 users. So instead of waiting for the latest update to come, till then you can go for this Custom ROM.
Being nightly build this ROM may have some minor bugs, but as it is updated on a regular basis they will be fixed. This update comes with the following features:
- Improvement in keyboard and input.
- Established Bluetooth pairing with low power devices.
- Better Linux kernel.
- Control user account with restricted profiles.
- Improvements in System, Security and Stability.
- Virtual surround sound.
- Trim feature which will not let your phone slow.
So, if you are willing to experience the amazing features of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean of CyanogenMod 10.2 on your LG Optimus L9 P760 then feel free to install this update.
Try this at your own risk. Neither we nor the developers are responsible for any of the damage caused to your device after following this procedure. Don’t even think if you’re not familiar with this stuff. Although it is very rare that your device will get damaged but still we strongly recommend you to follow all the instructions properly as they are mentioned below.
This update of CyanogenMod 10.2 is compatible only and only with LG Optimus L9 model number P760. So don’t flash it if you’re having another device except the one mentioned as your device may get bricked or may result into unwanted outcomes. You must check your device’s model number in Settings –> About Phone.
- Make sure that your device is charged at least up to 80% so that it won’t get turn off during the flashing process.
- For improving your battery life, follow this guide:
- How to Improve Battery Life of an Android Device (Tips).
- Also we highly recommend you to backup all your Phone data and settings including contacts, SMS/MMS and call logs etc. to external memory card since it gets wiped in the last step of procedure.
- For backing up Contacts & Messages, use this article:
- How to Backup Android Contacts and Text Messages (SMS/MMS).
- For backing up Call logs, APNs & EFS folder, use this article:
- How to backup Call logs, APNs and EFS folder from your Android Device.
- Ensure that a Custom Recovery like Clockworkmod recovery or TWRP recovery is installed on your device which is required to flash CM 10.2 Custom ROM.
- Download the Cyanogenmod 10.2 Custom ROM from the given link below:
- Click Here to Download (Download latest from the list)
- Download the Google Apps containing Gmail, Play store, maps etc. from the given link below:
- Click here to Download
- After downloading, connect your device to the PC, enable mass storage mode and transfer these files to your device external storage. Remember not to extract them.
- Now you need to boot your device into recovery mode. For doing so, first switch off your device. Then turn it on and release the power button. When the LG logo appears and LED blinks, press and hold Volume down button. This will take you directly into recovery mode. (In Recovery mode use Volume Up and Down key for Navigation and Home Button for Selection).
- It is necessary to make a nandroid backup of your current ROM so that it can be restored back in any case of failure. To do so, follow our guide:
- How to Backup whole ROM/Firmware via Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery.
- Now select ‘install zip from SD card’ & then ‘choose zip from SD card’. It will show all your folders and files on SD card. Now navigate to ROM file which you’ve copied earlier & simply select it. Confirm the installation by pressing ‘Yes’.
- ROM installation process will complete in just a few minutes. Now as soon as the ROM gets flashed, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ followed by ‘wipe cache partition.’ This will wipe all the data & caches from the phone memory respectively.
- Follow the same above procedure for flashing Google Apps. But remember not to perform the last step of wiping data after installation of Google Apps.
- Restart your device by pressing ‘reboot system now’ from the Recovery mode itself.
- The new ROM will take more time than usual to restart.
Note: If you want to restore back your previous ROM you can do that by simply going back to the Recovery mode and select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on next screen select ‘Restore’.
Yeah..!! After restarting you will see your device successfully running on Cyanogenmod 10.2 Custom ROM (Android 4.3). Enjoy and experience the bumpy performance of your Smartphone with the unique features of this ROM. If you face any kind of difficulty while going through this procedure then do let us know in the comments section below. All your suggestions or issues will be pleasingly accepted and an exact solution will be given.