Now in list of quad core devices one more monster is there and this time it is from Google. And with such high specifications and affordable price Nexus 4 hasn’t let down Google in the market. Nexus 4 is giving very tough competition to flagship devices of other companies. Developers have also shown a great interest in this device making it best for ROM lovers. Here is a custom ROM called LiquidSmooth ROM for Nexus 4 released by Senior XDA member tspderek. As the name of the ROM itself suggests it is super-fast and super-smooth. This ROM is based on AOSP and it is very stable also. Further in this article a step by step procedure is given on how to install LiquidSmooth ROM on Google Nexus 4.
Disclaimer: The given procedure is considered as risky and may cause damage to your mobile. It is recommended that you should not follow it if you are not familiar with these things. Read this article at your own risk. We or developers are not responsible for any damage caused to your mobile due to attempting these steps to it.
The given tutorial is applicable only for Google Nexus 4 bearing model number E960. Dont implement it to any other mobile or variant else you will get some unwanted result or permanent damage might cause to your mobile.
- Ensure that you have charged your mobile at least up to 70% so that installation process wont get interrupted due to lack of battery power.
- It is better to take a backup of all your important personal data such as SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory since it gets vanished during bootloader unlocking process.
- You must have USB drivers installed on your computer. Download link for USB drivers is given below.
- USB Drivers for Nexus 4.
- You must have unlocked the bootloader & installed ClockworkMod Recovery on your device. If you’ve not done this yet, you can follow this guide.
Procedure to Install LiquidSmooth ROM on Your Google Nexus 4:
- As this ROM does not have Google Apps like Play Store, Gmail, Talk, YouTube, Search, etc pre-installed in it, you have to separately download them and flash them after ROM installation is over. Download link for Google Apps for CM 10.1 is given below.
- Google Apps.
- Copy both downloaded zip files of ROM and Google Apps to SD card of your phone.
- Now You need to enter into ClockworkMod recovery. But before entering into ClockworkMod Recovery, you have to boot into bootloader mode first.
- First switch off your phone and then hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously. Then phone will reboot and word Start will appear on screen. Now you are in bootloader mode, navigate to option Recovery Mode using volume keys and then press Power Button to reboot phone into CWM Recovery.
- If you want to take complete backup that is nanroid backup of current ROM which you are using, select option Backup and Restore in the recovery and then select option Backup. When you will restore this backup, your phone will be restored to the state it was before flashing this ROM.
- Now from the recovery select option Wipe Data/Factory Reset and select option Yes on next screen to confirm. Do this same for Wipe Cache Partition option.
- Then select the option Install zip from sdcard followed by Choose zip from sdcard and navigate using volume keys to the installation file of the ROM which you have copied on SD card previously. Use power button to select the file and click on yes in next step to confirm the installation.
- Once ROM installation is finished follow the same procedure for flashing Google Apps (gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip).
- AfterGoogle Apps installation is finished, you will land back into the Recovery. In Recovery select the option Reboot System to boot into brand new LiquidSmooth ROM. First start may take a bit long but don’t worry about that.
- Developers are frequently releasing updates for the ROM so if you want to install update, follow the procedure given above but keep in mind you don’t have to install Google Apps again. Also you don’t have to wipe data which you did at the time of first installation.
That’s it!! You have successfully installed LiquidSmooth ROM on your Nexus 4. Enjoy the whole new LiquidSmooth experience and do let us know through comments how it is working for you.