There is good news for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 users – you can upgrade your tab to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean via a test firmware XARCLI. It means that you can enjoy running latest Android version on your tablet before it gets release officially. Since it is a leaked firmware it may have few bugs & issues present in it. The official firmware will release soon along with the removal of these problems.
Now this tutorial will guide you through the steps required for installing Android 4.1 Jelly Bean XARCLI firmware on your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
Disclaimer: Steps given below are considered to be risky and may cause damage to your device. So we recommend you that do not follow the procedure if you don’t know anything about it. Please perform the following steps at your own risk. We will not be taken granted if your device gets damage by following this guide.
This tutorial is intended only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 bearing a model number GT-P3113. Applying this procedure for other models can cause damage to your device.
- Since the ROM installation is a little time consuming process, we recommend you to charge your tablet at least up to 75% so that it won’t get interrupted.
- Take a backup of your important data like messages, contacts, memo etc. to your external memory so that you can restore it afterwards.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with XARCLI Jelly Bean Firmware:
- Download XARCLI Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy tab 2.
- Click here to download the firmware.
- Now save this zip file to your external memory and then turn off your tablet.
- Now enter into the recovery mode. To boot your device in recovery mode, press & hold Volume Down + Power Key simultaneously until recovery mode opens.
- Now select Apply update from external storage and then navigate to XARCLI OTA update.
- After selecting this option Jelly Bean will get installed and system will reboot automatically. If it doesn’t, go back to the main recovery menu and select Reboot system now.
Congratulation! Your tablet is now upgraded to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean XARCLI via a test firmware.