You might be remembering that in September’12, Samsung announced the list of devices that they are going to upgrade with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware & now they’ve proved that promise. Those who were waiting for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware, it’s finally here. Android 4.1.2 is now available for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Wi-Fi P3110. I know Some of the tab 2 7.0 owners have already upgraded their tabs to Android 4.1 but those are still running ICS can upgrade to this latest build.
Being a leaked firmware, it may contain few bugs but still it’s worth bearing. There is no news about official releasing date of JB firmware. But till it comes, you can stick with this one. Please note that this firmware is for testing purpose only. Therefore, you may find some JB features missing from your tab. But that’s OK. Those features will be added in Official JB firmware (when released officially, of course).
So let us head over to rest portion of the article where we will be checking how to update Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to Leaked Official Android 4.1.2 XXDMA2 Jelly Bean Firmware.
Disclaimer : Steps given in this article are considered as risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt these things if you aren’t aware of it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we should not be held liable for it.
Please note that, this guide is purposefully made for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 (Wi-Fi variant). Trying this on other variants of Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 or on any other device may result in undesired outcomes.
- Charge your device up to 75% battery level.
- It is highly recommended to backup all your data from internal memory (includes contacts, messages (SMS/MMS), call logs, Internet APNs etc.). Your tab data will get lost after installation of this firmware (excluding External storage).
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 with XXDMA2 Jelly Bean Firmware (Android 4.1.2):
- Download XXDMA2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware package from here.
- Download Odin Multi Downloader 3.07 (Required for flashing the firmware) from the link given below.
- Odin 3.07
- Extract firmware package (.zip file) to any convenient location on your computer.
- Switch off the tab completely. Enter into download mode. For doing the same, press & hold Volume Up + Power key till you see the construction Android robot & a yellow triangle.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader tool on your Computer which you’ve just downloaded & connect the tab using USB cable.
- If your tab is connected successfully, youll see that the ID:COM section (located at top left) is turned blue with a random COM port number appeared below it. (If your ID:COM box doesnt turn out to be blue, don’t worry. You will need to install proper drivers for your device. For installation of drivers, use the CD you got at the time of purchase & install Kies software from it. You can download kies from here OR you can manually download it from here).
- In Odin, select PDA tab & choose “P3110XXDMA2_P3110CRGDMB1_HOME.tar.md5″ file. Keep all the remaining options as they are & make sure that Re-Partition box is not checked.
- Press Start button to initiate the flashing process of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. When flashing process finishes successfully, youll get Pass message with the Green background & device will restart automatically.
- Unplug the device from Computer.
- Now you will need to factory reset the tab in order to avoid boot loops & malfunctioning of the tab.
- To factory reset, youll have to boot in the recovery mode. The same can be achieved by following some simple steps.
- Switch off the tab (you can do this by removing battery or pressing power button).
- Press & hold Volume up + Power key. You can release Power button as soon as Samsung logo appears.
- Your device is now booted into recovery mode.
- Since touch wont work in recovery, use Volume up/down & power key only for navigation & selection respectively.
- Now highlight Wipe data/factory reset by using Volume buttons & select it using power key. The same you have to do with Wipe Cache.
- After getting done with all these things, select reboot system now option to restart the tab.
- You may see that the tab is booting slowly than usual but dont worry it’s normal & this is for the first time only.
Congratulations! Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (XXDMA2) is now up & running on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. Do let us know how it is working for you & if youve got any doubt or query, comment it below, we will try our best to help out on the same. Enjoy..!