Note 2 is currently Samsung’s best selling device and it comes with on board JB 4.1. After Jelly Bean Google released Android 4.1.2 which is a newer version of Jelly Bean. Then there were few leaked firmwares based on this update available for this device. Now Samsung officially started rolling out 4.1.2 firmwares for their devices and first update comes for Note 2 being their flagship device. Based on Android 4.1.2 this new XXDLK7 firmware is stuffed with many new features for this device which is already full of those. Also several performance improvements are also there. Here is list of new features:
- New Additional Notification Toggles
- New Customizations in Notification Panel
- Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Be Disabled
- Disabling Option for Multi-Window Feature
- Smoother Browser Experience
- Status Bar has been changed from Grey to Black
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- New Ink Effect On Lockscreen
- New Group Cast Application
Further in this article a step by step procedure is given on how to install official 4.1.2 firmware on your Note 2.
Disclaimer: The procedure discussed further in this article is considered as risky and can cause damage to your phone. You should not go for it if you are unaware of things discussed in it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this guide, neither we nor developer should be held responsible for it.
This guide is applicable only for SamsungGalaxy Note 2having model numberN7100. Trying it on other variants of Note 2 or on any other device, can cause damage to your phone.
- Battery of your phone must be at least 70% charged in order to haveuninterrupted installation proceess.
- It is recommended to take a backup of all important data like SMS/MMS, APN, contacts etc. since it can be restored back if anything goes wrong during the installation.
- In order to use USB debugging mode on your phone, device specific drivers must be installed on your computer. You can install the same by installing Samsung Kies. To download it manually,click here.
Procedure to Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with Android 4.1.2 Jelly BeanXXDDLK7 Firmware:
- Download flashing program (Odin Multi Downloader v3.04) & Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Package from the links mentioned below :
- Odin Multi Downloader v3.04
- Download Android 4.1.2 N7100 XXDLK7 for Galaxy Note 2
- Extract Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Package (GT-N7100_PRT_N7100XXDLK7_N7100PRTDLK5_N7100XXDLK7.zip) in your computer. Youll findN7100XXDLK7_N7100PRTDLK5_N7100XXDLK7_HOME.tar.md5 in your extracted folder.
- Now switch off your phone. In order to flash the firmware, you need to enter into the downloadingmode. Downloadingmode can be entered by HoldingPower Key + Volume Down Button + Home Buttonsimultaneously.
- After entering into the downloadingmode, youll see “Downloading..” text in yellow. Keeping your phone in downloadingmode, connect it to the PC.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader which youve just downloaded. If your device is properly connected then youll see that the ID:COM section has been turned yellow. (If it is not then you need to install proper drivers of your phoneORsimply installSamsung Kiesfrom the CD which youve got at the time of purchase).
- In Odin, select PDA & chooseN7100XXDLK7_N7100PRTDLK5_N7100XXDLK7_HOME.tar.md5 file.
Important!! In Odin do not make any other changes except for selecting the required file as given in above step. Keep all other options as they are. Make sure you have not checked Re-partition box by mistake.
- Now simply press Start button to initiate flashing process. It will hardly take 6-7 Minutes to get over.
- As soon as Odin finished the process, ID:COM section will turn Green & will show Pass in the box above ID:COM section.
Important!! If Odin gets stuck at any step after you hit the start button and seems to be not responding or if you get FAIL message in Odin after completion of process this is what you have to do. Disconnect your phone from computer and close the Odin. Remove the battery of your phone and re-insert it. Then again go to downloading mode and repeat the procedure.
- Disconnect your Note from PC.
- Switch it off again since whole procedure isn’t over yet. Now you need to enter into Recovery mode. The same can be entered by HoldingVolume Up + Home Key + Power Buttonsimultaneously.
- In the Recovery mode, select wipe data/factory reset & wipe cache partition. You have to use Volume Up/Down keys to highlight those options & Home button to select them.
- After wiping data, select reboot system now to Restart the Phone. Usually first boot take some time after flashing firmware so be patient. As soon as device gets rebooted successfully , youll land in TouchWiz Home Screen.
There you go!! You have successfully updated your Galaxy Note 2 to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXDLK7 firmware.Do let us know how it is working for you. If you have got any doubt, feel free to ask it in the commentsbelow. We will try our best to solve it.