As we always have our keen eye on latest happenings in Android field, here is a great news- Samsung’s latest and most awaited phablet Galaxy Note 2 is now available in the market. Being Samsung’s flagship device it has got even more stunning features than Galaxy S3. With 1.6 GHz quad core processor it comes with on board Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Now anofficial stock firmware update XXALJ3 is rolled out for Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
This is basically a stock Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware released by Samsung for the countries like Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom etc. You can manually flash this firmware using Odin. Flashing procedure is quiet easy and its step by step guide is explained in this article.
Lets move further to know how to flash XXALJ3 firmware on Galaxy Note 2.
Disclaimer: The procedure discussed further in this article is considered as risky and can cause damage to your phone. You should not go for it if you are unaware of things discussed in it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this guide, neither we nor developer should be held responsible for it.
This guide is applicable only for SamsungGalaxy Note 2having model numberN7100. Trying it on other variants of Note 2 or on any other device, can cause damage to your phone.
- Battery of your phone must be at least 70% charged in order to haveuninterrupted installation proceess.
- It is recommended to take a backup of all important data like SMS/MMS, APN, contacts etc. since it can be restored back if anything goes wrong during the installation.
- In order to use USB debugging mode on your phone, device specific drivers must be installed on your computer. You can install the same by installing Samsung Kies. To download it manually,click here.
Procedure to Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with Android 4.1 Jelly BeanXXALJ3 Firmware:
- Download flashing program (Odin Multi Downloader v3.04) & Jelly Bean 4.1 Package from the links mentioned below :
- Odin Multi Downloader v3.04
- Download Android 4.1.1 N7100XXALJ3for Galaxy Note 2
- Extract Jelly Bean 4.1 Package (N7100XXALJ3_N7100OLBALJ3_XME.zip) in your computer. Youll findN7100XXALJ3_N7100OLBALJ3_N7100DXALJ1_HOME.tar.md5 in your extracted folder.
- Now switch off your phone. In order to flash the firmware, you need to enter into the downloadingmode. Downloadingmode can be entered by HoldingPower Key + Volume Down Button + Home Buttonsimultaneously.
- After entering into the downloadingmode, youll see “Downloading..” text in yellow. Keeping your phone in downloadingmode, connect it to the PC.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader which youve just downloaded. If your device is properly connected then youll see that the ID:COM section has been turned yellow. (If it is not then you need to install proper drivers of your phoneORsimply installSamsung Kiesfrom the CD which youve got at the time of purchase).
- In Odin, select PDA & chooseN7100XXALJ3_N7100OLBALJ3_N7100DXALJ1_HOME.tar.md5 file. Keep all the remaining things as it is.
- Now simply press Start button to initiate flashing process. It will hardly take 6-7 Minutes to get over.
- As soon as Odin finished the process, ID:COM section will turn Green & will show Pass in the box above ID:COM section.
- Disconnect your Note from PC.
- Switch it off again since whole procedure isn’t over yet. Now you need to enter into Recovery mode. The same can be entered by HoldingVolume Up + Home Key + Power Buttonsimultaneously.
- In the Recovery mode, select wipe data/factory reset & wipe cache partition. You have to use Volume Up/Down keys to highlight those options & Home button to select them.
- After wiping data, select reboot system now to Restart the Phone. Usually first boot take some time after flashing firmware so be patient. As soon as device gets rebooted successfully , youll land in TouchWiz Home Screen.
Congratulations!! You have successfully updated your Galaxy Note 2 to official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean XXALJ3 firmware.Do let us know how it is working for you. If you have got any doubt, feel free to ask it in the commentsbelow. We will try our best to solve it.