Samsung Galaxy Ace with an 800 MHz single core processor made a quite big impact on Android users. It was the most considered phone from the low end devices like Galaxy mini, Galaxy fit and HTC explorer. The 278 MB RAM and 5 megapixel camera that it had were considered as very unique features at that time. But as compared today these features have no value in the market. The flagship devices today which are running on the latest Android versions have some devastating processors and features.
After Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice-cream sandwich and Jelly Bean were released. Amongst all, Jelly Bean was the best Android version released up till now. Due to the low MHz processor, no official version beyond Gingerbread was revealed for Galaxy Ace. Hence the Ace users had to depend on the Custom ROMs of these leaked versions.
Since the release of leaked Android 4.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Ace, everyone thought rather believed that no more updates will be released for this one time famous phone. But we have got very good news for Ace users. Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 can now be updated with the latest Android 4.3 version. This update is developed by the famous Cyanogenmod team.
Mohd Shakirin, a YouTube user recently posted a video on how to update Galaxy Ace to latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM. As compared to the earlier versions many changes have been made in this ROM such as new boot animation with the Google logo, Orange background of the Phase Beam live wallpaper, five lock screen shortcuts and Android 4.3 based icons which are very well presented in his uploaded video.
So, if you are willing to experience the amazing features of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean of Cyanogenmod 10.2 on your Samsung Galaxy Ace then feel free to install this update.
Try this tutorial at your own risk. Neither we nor the Cyanogen team are responsible for any of the damage caused to your device after following this guide. Don’t even think of trying if you’re not familiar with this stuff. Although the chances of getting your device damaged are very less, but still we strongly recommend you to follow all the instructions properly as they are mentioned below.
This guide of Cyanogenmod 10.2 is meant only and only for Samsung Galaxy Ace model number S5830. So don’t try to flash it on any another device except the one mentioned as your device may get bricked or may result into unwanted outcomes. You must check your device’s model number in Settings –> About Phone.
- Make sure that your device is charged at least up to 80% so that it won’t get turn off during the flashing process.
- For improving your battery life, follow this guide:
- How to Improve Battery Life of an Android Device (Tips).
- Also we highly recommend you to backup all your Phone data and settings including contacts, SMS/MMS and call logs etc. to external memory card since it gets wiped in the last step of procedure.
- For backing up Contacts & Messages, use this article:
- How to Backup Android Contacts and Text Messages (SMS/MMS).
- For backing up Call logs, APNs & EFS folder, use this article:
- How to backup Call logs, APNs and EFS folder from your Android Device.
- Ensure that a Custom Recovery like Clockworkmod recovery is installed on your device which is required to flash CM 10.2 Custom ROM.
- Download the Cyanogenmod 10.2 Custom ROM from the given link below:
- Click Here to Download
- Download the Google Apps containing Gmail, Play store, maps etc. from the given link below:
- Click here to Download
- After downloading the above files, connect your device to the PC, enable mass storage mode and transfer these files to your device’s external storage. Ensure that you are not placing them in the deep directories. Remember not to extract them.
- Then disconnect your device from PC and enter into the recovery mode. For that switch off your phone. Once it is completely switched off, hold Home Button (middle button) + Power Button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears. (In Recovery mode use Volume Up and Down key for navigation and Home Button for selection).
- After entering in recovery mode, the first thing you need to do is taking a nandroid backup of your current ROM. It is very much necessary in case if you don’t like this ROM or may be in some kind of failure. For detailed procedure of taking the nandroid backup follow this guide:
- How to Backup whole ROM/Firmware via Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery.
- Now select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ from the recovery mode itself. This will wipe all the data and cache from your ROM memory including the SMS, Contacts, APNs, Memos, Call-logs and even the Apps. Hence the nandroid backup mentioned earlier is important.
- After that the actual installation process needs to be done. So select ‘install zip from SD card’ & then ‘choose zip from SD card’ from the recovery mode. It will show all your folders and files on SD card. Now navigate to CM 10.2 ROM file which you’ve copied earlier & simply select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation by pressing ‘Yes’. This will start the actual installation process.
- The process will complete in just a few minutes. Now as soon as the ROM gets flashed, again select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ followed by ‘wipe cache partition.’ This will wipe all the data & caches from the phone memory respectively.
- Follow the same above procedure for flashing Google Apps. But remember not to perform the last step of wiping data after installation of GApps/
- After doing all the flashing processes that is mentioned above, finally restart your device. It can be done by selecting ‘reboot system now’ from the main menu of recovery. The new ROM will take more time than usual to restart.
Note: If you want to restore back your previous Rom you can do that by simply going back to the Recovery mode by following the same mentioned procedure and select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on next screen select ‘Restore’.
That’s all..!! Cyanogenmod 10.2 Custom ROM (Android 4.3) is successfully installed on your device. Enjoy it to experience the fabulous performance of your Smartphone with the unique and bug free features of this ROM. In case you have any queries regarding the ROM, or if you’ve not got the process mentioned you can freely text us in the comments section below. We will work on it and will provide an exact solution as soon as possible.