Galaxy S3, everyone’s’ dream mobile phone, is pleased with another Jelly Bean based custom ROM- tMIUI. MIUI ROMs are known for their unique eye-catchy interfaces and some inbuilt apps like home launcher, customizable themes, contacts, music etc. and now it has got mixed with latest Android 4.1 (Jelly bean) & has become one of the fastest ROM amongst all. Thanks to XDA senior member Tejh for bringing out tMIUI ROM for AT&T Galaxy S3.
The simple and easy steps are given below to upgrade your AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 to tMIUI Jelly Bean custom ROM.
Disclaimer: The steps given in this article are considered to be risky & can cause damage to your device. If you are not aware of all this things, we request you not to attempt this. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. For any damage happened to your device after following this procedure, we or even ROM developer cannot be taken guilty for the same.
Please note that, this tutorial is intended only for AT&T Galaxy S3 bearing model number SGH-I747. DONT try this on other variants of Galaxy S3 or on any other device, it can cause damage to your phone.
Pre-Requisites before installing a tMIUI Jelly Bean custom ROM:
- Make sure that your phone is charged at least up to 70% so that installation procedure wont be interrupted.
- It is better to backup your all important data from the phone memory such as contacts, SMS/MMS, call log etc. since it will get format during the installation.
- For flashing this ROM, your phone must have custom recovery like Clockworkmod or TWRP installed on it.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 to tMIUI Jelly Bean custom ROM:
- Now connect your phone to the computer, enable mass storage mode and transfer the ROM file to your device.
- Disconnect the phone from computer. Now, boot your device into the recovery mode. To do so, switch off the phone completely. Press & hold Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key together until recovery mode appears (you can release power button after Samsung logo appears but keep holding other two until recovery mode shows up).
- After getting into the recovery mode, take a nandroid backup of a current ROM so that it can be restored back. (In case you do something wrong)
- Select wipe data/factory reset & wipe cache partition to wipe all the data & caches respectively from the phone memory.
- Now select “install zip from sdcard” & then “choose zip from sdcard“. Navigate to tMIUI ROM file (which you’ve transferred earlier). Select it and press yes button to start the installation.
- Wait until ROM gets installed. After successful installation of ROM, press on reboot system now to restart the phone.
There you go !! You’ve successfully installed tMIUI Jelly Bean custom ROM on your AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-i747. Do let us know how it is workin for you.
Tip: In case if you want to restore back your previous ROM, enter into recovery mode, select Backupand Restore option & on next screen, select restore & choose your latest backup to restore.