Slim Bean is one of the most famous custom ROM and mainly known for their lightweight file size and brilliant performance. Moreover it is fully built from AOSP sources along with some picks from AOKP etc. This custom ROM, based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean, is now available for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727. Thanks to gmilz, one of the XDA member, for bringing out this for you.
Jelly Bean, latest Android version 4.1.1, is known for it is smooth interface, Google Now, offline voice typing etc. All these features you will get in this ROM
The simple and easy steps are given below to install Slim Bean custom ROM based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket.
Disclaimer: Since steps given below are considered to be risky and can cause damage to your device, we request you not to follow these steps if you are not aware of all this things. If any damage or any problem is caused to your mobile due to following these steps, we will not be responsible for this.
This article is strictly written for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727. Applying these steps to any other US variant or international variant may turn out into unwanted results.
- Ensure that your phone is charged at least up to 70% so that installation wont get interrupted as the process is time consuming.
- It is recommended to take a backup of all important data like MMS, SMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory since it gets formatted during installation.
- Most important thing is that you must have Clockworkmod Recovery pre-installed in your mobile. It is necessary for flashing the custom ROMs. For flashing it on your phone follow this article.
Procedure to install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean via Slim bean custom ROM on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket:
- Download Slim bean custom ROM for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket from official source page.
- (Click here to download.)
- Also download Goggle Apps package for your device.
- (Click here to download.)
- Copy both these downloaded files to the external memory of your mobile.
- Next you have to boot your deice into recovery mode. For that, press & hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button simultaneously until recovery mode appears. (You can release power button after Samsung logo appears but keep holding other two until recovery mode shows up).
- Now take a nandroid backup of a current ROM so that it can be restored back. To do so select backup & restore option from recovery menu & on next screen select backup. Now the nandroid backup of your current system is saved to the external memory.
- Select wipe data/factory reset & wipe cache partition to wipe all the data & caches respectively from the phone memory.
- Next step is actual installation of ROM. For that select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard and select Slim bean ROM zip file which you have saved earlier. Press yes button for installation. It will take few seconds for installation.
- After successful installation of ROM, you will be back in the recovery mode. Now we have to install Gapps. For that again select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard and select Google Apps package. Press yes for its installation. Finally select go back and then select reboot system now to restart the phone.
Congratulation! Android 4.1 Jelly Bean via Slim Bean custom ROM is now installed on you AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket.
Tip: In case you want to revert to previous ROM you can easily do it just by entering into Recovery mode. Then select the Backupand Restore option from the recovery mode & then select restore & choose your latest backup to restore.