ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T has already got an official Jelly Bean update. But still custom ROMs are incomparable with any stock firmware. And if you want latest Android updates right on your ASUS tab without having any patience for the ASUS to release Android 4.1.2 then Cyanogenmod 10 will help you to do so. Recently XDA Senior Member hiemanshu has come up with a CM10 ROM which is compiled using Jelly Bean (Android 4.1.2) source code.
CM10 offers many customizations options beyond stock firmware. It gives you pure Android experience as well (JB features). But as of now CM10 ROM is under development so you can expect some minor bugs in the same.
Read on further to learn how to update your ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean unofficially via Cyanogenmod 10 custom ROM.
Disclaimer: Procedure described in this article is risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt this if you are unaware of these things. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, neither we nor developer should be held responsible for the same.
This guide is applicable only for ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T. Trying this on other ASUS Tabs or on any other device can cause damage to your phone.
- For uninterrupted installation of the ROM, charge your phone at least up to 70% battery level.
- It is recommended to take a backup of all important data like SMS/MMS, APN, contacts etc. since it can be restored back if anything goes wrong during the installation.
Procedure to Upgrade ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T with Cyanogenmod 10 Android 4.1.2:
- Before proceeding further, ensure that your ASUS tab has unlocked bootloader. If you’ve not done it already follow thisguidegiven at XDA.
- In order to flash custom ROM, you need to have custom recovery like Clockworkmod installed on your tablet (You can use TWRP recovery either. However, this guide will cover the instructions required for Clockworkmod Recovery only).
Note:If you’re coming from any other custom ROM, you can directly proceed to further installation by skipping above steps.
- Google Apps (Gmail, Maps, GTalk, Play Store etc.) are not pre-installed in this ROM. You have to download & flash it manually. Download GApps from the link given below.
Google Apps(for Jelly Bean based custom ROMs).
- Once you download the ROM package & Google Apps, connect your tab to PC and transfer both files to its internal SD card.
- Disconnect the tab from computer. Now boot it into the recovery mode. To do so, turn off the tab completely. Press & hold Volume Down + Power button until a few lines of white text appear in the upper-left corner of the screen. Then, within few seconds, press Volume Up button to boot into recovery.
- Once you are in recovery mode, first thing you need to do is take a nandroid backup of your current ROM so that it can be restored back in case if anything goes wrong. To backup your current ROM, selectBackup and Restoreoption from the recovery menu & on next screen, selectbackup. Now It will make a nandroid backup of your whole system (excludingSD card). Wait until thebackup processto get finished.
- Selectwipe data/factory reset&wipe cache partitionto wipe all the data & caches.
- Now Select install zip from sdcard & then choose zip from sdcard. Select the ROM file from the location whereyou’vecopied it earlier & selecting on Yes, confirm the installation.
- As soon as ROM installation is done, again select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. This time search for the gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip & install it.
- Wait for the ROM to get installed. After ROM gets successfully installed, your tab will land into the recovery mode.
- Selectreboot system nowto restart the tablet.
Note:If you want to restore back your previous ROM, you can do this by entering into the recovery mode. In recovery, selectBackup and Restoreoption & on next screen, selectrestore.Now choose the backup you would like to restore.
Whoa! You’ve successfully installed Cyanogenmod 10 (Android 4.1.2 JB) on your ASUS Tab. Keep visiting source page for more information and latest updates and do let us know how the ROM is working for you.
If you need any help, you can comment it below. We’ll try our best to sort it out.