LG Optimus 2X is first mobile with dual-core processor. It comes with pre-installed Gingerbread but now it also has received android 4.0 ICS update. With the release Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, ICS looks little out dated. Since LG has not announced any update for Optimus 2X, don’t whether Optimus will get it or not. Don’t wait for it because unofficial Cyanogenmod 10.1 based on Jelly Bean 4.2.1 is now available for LG Optimus 2X.
This unofficial Cyanogenmod 10.1 is embedded with features like new camera app photosphere, new lockscreen, gesture typing etc. Since it is not altogether different OS it has some features form previous Jelly Bean as well.
This Cyanogenmod update is not official one. So it might contain few bugs. But the ROM developers are working on these bugs. So very soon they will come with the stable version of this ROM.
Step-by-step procedure is mentioned in further article about how to upgrade LG Optimus 2X with Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean through unofficial Cyanogenmod 10.1.
Disclaimer: The steps mentioned in the following tutorial are considered as risky and may cause damage to your device. If you are not aware of all these things please do not follow this article. Follow the steps at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any damage cause to your device.
The given article is intended for LG Optimus 2X bearing model number P990 . Dont implement it for any other model or variant to avoid undesired results.
- Ensure that mobile is charged at least up to 70% so that installation will proceed without any interruption.
- Dont forget to take a backup of all your personal important data such as SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory card since it gets vanished.
- Any custom recovery like Clockworkmod recovery or TWRP must be installed on your mobile. This necessary for flashing the custom ROM.
Procedure to flash Cyanogenmod 10.1 on LG Optimus 2X:
- First of all download Cyanogenmod 10.1 for LG Optimus 2X.
- Click here to download.
- Also download Gapps Package for Jelly Bean 4.2.
Click here to download.
- Connect mobile to PC via USB cable. Enable USB debugging on. Copy both files to the external memory.
- Now switch off your mobile and boot it into recovery mode. For that press & hold volume down + power button simultaneously until you boot into recovery mode.
- You can see recovery menu on the screen. For taking backup of current system select backup & restore followed by backup. This will take a nandroid backup of current system which will be saved in external memory.
- Select wipe data/factory reset to clear phone memory and select wipe cache partition to clear cache memory.
- Next select install zip from sdcard and then select choose zip from sdcard. Navigate to Cyanogenmod 10.1.zip file. Select this file and confirm it by pressing yes in next step.
- This will take few minutes for installation of ROM. After successful installation of ROM, you will see recovery menu again.
- Repeat above step of install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard. But this time select Gapps file. Confirm it in next step.
- After successful installation of both the files, select +++++go back+++++ and then reboot system now.
Congratulation!! Your LG Optimus is now running on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean via unofficial Cyanogenmod 10.1. Do let us how it is working. Share your views about this ROM.
Tip: If you want to go back to the previous ROM or firmware, then boot your mobile into recovery mode by pressing volume down + power button. Select backup & restore followed by restore and select latest backup to restore.