Recently HTC has announced their next flagship device HTC One. They believe that it is going to be THE ONE for them. The phone is going to hit the market in this month but the specs are out. And they are very promising. The launch of this device is grabbing attention of many people. And it may turn out to be a great competition for Galaxy S4 or Xperia Z.
Developers are always interested in such amazing devices. So once released, device will be showered with a large variety of custom ROMs which you can enjoy. Right now you may say that why there is need to have custom ROM whereas you have such an amazing performance and experience with stock firmware. But let me tell you this, however amazing it may be, but after some amount of time you get bored of it. And along with performance custom ROMs will provide you a unique pure Android experience. A custom recovery comes very handy while flashing one of those.
Here is a custom recovery called TWRP recovery released for HTC One by XDA senior member Flyhalf205. Recently TWRP recovery is getting famous over other recoveries as it features touch support so you dont have to use hardware buttons. It provides all features like flashing ROMs and hacks, taking nanroid backups and restoring them etc.
Some easy steps on how to install TWRP recovery on HTC One is given below in this article.
Disclaimer:Procedure mentioned in the given article is considered to be risky and may cause damage to your device. Please follow this steps completely at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damage caused to your device.
Attention!Steps involved in this article are meant only for HTC One (M7). Trying this on any other device may result in undesirable outcomes.
- Your phone must be charged at least up to 70% battery level.
- USB debugging mode must be enabled.
- You must have unlocked bootloader of your device.
- You must have mobile drivers installed on your computer. If you don’t have them download HTC Sync Softwareto install them.
ProcedureTo InstallCustom TWRP Recovery On HTC One:
- You will also require fastboot files. Here is the link is to download fastboot files for your device.
- Extract Fastboot.zip file in your PC. You will find following four files in your extracted folder.
- Now You need to enter into the bootloader mode. For entering intobootloader mode, turn off your phone first.
- HoldVolume Down + Power Buttonsimultaneously until bootloader mode appears.
- Select Fastboot using Power Button. (Use Volume Up/Down to go up/down & Power Button to select highlighted option).
- After entering into the Fastboot mode, Connect your phone to the PC.
- Open theFastboot folder (Which youve extracted earlier).
- Now Open command prompt & Point its directory to the fastboot folder (ORYou can do the same as: open Fastboot folder, Press & hold shift key and then right click on the free space in the same folder.When right clicked (holding shift), youll seeOpen Command window here option.Click it & Command prompt will be open pointing to the Fastboot directory).
- Put this command in command prompt :fastboot devices(After entering this command, youll see the random numbers appeared in the command prompt.This is to ensure that your device is properly connected. If it doesnt appear then youneed to installHTC Sync softwareto installessential drivers for your One).
- Transfer/Copy the downloaded image file of recovery to extracted Fastboot folder along with other four fastboot files.
- Now type/enter the following command in command prompt to flash custom TWRP recovery.
fastboot flash recovery TWRP_220.127.116.11_M7.img
- As soon as recovery gets flashed, Youll getfinished/OKAYmessage on the screen.
- Now you need to reboot your phone. For rebooting, type fastboot reboot command in the same command prompt window.
- Youve now successfully flashed/installed custom TWRP recovery on your HTC One. To enter into TWRPrecovery, do the following steps :
- Enter into the bootloader mode. To enter into bootloader mode, HoldVolume Down + Power Buttonsimultaneously until bootloader mode appears.
- In bootloader mode, Highlight recovery by using Volume Keys & Enter into the TWRP recovery by usingPower Key. Youll be landed into custom TWRPRecovery.
There you go!! You have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your own HTC One. Now you are ready to flash latest custom ROMs and other hacks using the same. Tell us how it is working for you through comments.