As you already know Samsung announced its latest brand new Smartphone Galaxy S4 which is successor of the highly successful Samsung Galaxy S3.
Galaxy S3 was released just ten months ago and this device managed to reach ten million sales in less than 55 days which was so surprising. Same like S3, Galaxy S4 is packed with some breathtaking features like a 5 inch touchscreen, 13-megapixel HD camera, octa-core processor and much more. According to few reporters it will be available somewhere in April 2013. With so much of features how is it going to stack up against its current competitor Apples iPhone 5? Lets check it out.
(Image Credit: PhoneArena.com)
- Samsung galaxy S4 has the similar design as that of Samsung Galaxy S3 except its edges. They are made little smaller as most of the people love to have a wide screen. The main physical button is removed as well. Customers will be happy as Galaxy S4 is available in 5 different colors namely black, white, grey, red and blue. Due to which they can prefer any color of their choice which is far better than those smartphones having only black or white colors.
- The design of iPhone 5 is not far different from its predecessor, the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. But compared to Galaxy S4 it has got only two colors: black and white.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 has 13- megapixel, 1080p HD camera with 2-megapixel of front facing camera. It includes Dual shot, HD image and video recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, image stabilization, face and smile detection.
- Apple iPhone 5 has 8-megapixel 1080p HD camera with 1.2-megapixel of front facing camera. It includes simultaneous HD video and image recording, touch focus, geo-tagging, face detection, panorama. It can capture some exceptional and crispy 1080p HD videos at 30 frames per second.
- The Price tag for the Samsung Galaxy S4 would be of $629.95 while the Apples iPhone 5 is of $649 in the United States of America.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 : Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery
- iPhone 5 : Non-removable Li-Po 1440 mAh battery (5.45Wh) with stand-by upto 225 h.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 supports Bluetooth v4.0,EDR,LE.
- Apples iPhone supports Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP.
- Both phones support Wi-Fi bands and both have mobile hotspot feature, USB 2.0 connectivity.
- Both the Smartphones have same features for audio and video playback.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 supports audio format like MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA, WAV, AMR and MIDI.
- Apples iPhone 5 support audio format like MP3, AAC, AAC+ and WMA.
- Samsung Galaxy S4: 5.38 x 2.71 x 0.31 inch, 4.6 ounces
- iPhone 5: 4.87 x 2.31 x 0.30 inch, 3.95 ounces
- As compared Galaxy S4 have larger dimensions than Apples iPhone 5.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 : 130 g (4.59 oz)
- iPhone 5 : 112 g (3.95 oz)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 has a wider display of 5.0 inch full HD which is 0.2 greater than the Samsung Galaxy S3 with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels and 441 pixels per inch. Pentile Super AMOLED is the technology used for this screen. The display is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 2.
- iPhones display has a LED backlit IPS TFT capacitive touchscreen with 15 million colors. Its display is 4.0 wide which is 0.5 wider than the iPhone 4S. It boasts a resolution of 326 pixels per inch which is protected by the first generation of Corning Gorilla Glass.
- So regarding the display Samsung Galaxy S4 has a 1 inch wider screen with 440 PPI and not 326. Even it uses second generation of Corning Gorilla Glass instead of the first for its protection. All these factors lead us to the conclusion that Galaxy S4 has much better display than iPhone 5.
- Galaxy S4 features one GHz Quad Core Cortex A15 Processor with 2 GB of RAM and Exynos 5 Octa 5410 Chipset. It has also got a worldwide available LTE connection same like Samsung Galaxy Note 2. It uses Octocore Mali T678 GPU graphics card with Nano Sim technology. It can have internal memory of 32,64 and 128 GB.
- Returning to Apples iPhone 5, this one uses one 2.1 Dual Core processor with just 1GB of RAM and has Apple A6 chipset. It features a PowerVR SGX 543MP3 which is a triple core graphics card. It too has nano Sim technology like S4. Apples iPhone features an internal memory of 16, 32 and 64 GB
- Even in case of Hardware, the Samsung Galaxy S4 wins due to its 2GHz of Quad core Processor and a breathtaking 2GB RAM.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with a new Android 4.2.2 version called as a new flavor of Jelly Bean. This new Version has some awesome features that make your Smartphone look more elegant.
- It includes whole new variety of tasks like changing wallpapers and ringtones which are its primary key features. It will also provide an option for enabling OEM UI overlays like Samsung TouchWiz NatureX UI. It offers a new feature called Templates using which you can change the layout of your UI elements and even can apply Instagram type of filters to your UI.
- The Apples iPhone 5 also has iOS 6 with some awesome new features but the reviews and comments received from the users is not positive which makes Galaxy S4 win here too.
Samsung Galaxy S4 is twice as fast as the iPhone 5 with better Camera and wider range of features. Hence it has won each and every aspect over Apples iPhone 5. This Samsungs newest device has everything to bring its rivals down.